Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I suffered a stroke at age 51 on New Years Eve 2017. Best advice I can give is to focus your attitude on recovery and getting to the new "normal".
Hit the physical therapy hard and try to get walking and moving as soon as possible. Get out of that bed (safely).
I recovered and got back to work. You can recover too!

And the stroke was the reason I parted ways with my 16 year old 26" snowblower for a 24" snowblower in 2018 with power steering

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Get well Man! Focus on your therapy. I hope you are getting help around the home while you recover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hang in there my friend! My wife for no discernible reason had a stroke 10 years ago at age 45 and with patience, treatment, therapy and prayers she regained her function within a years time. I know of course that all strokes are different but please keep faith and work the therapy. Please know that we all have you in our thought and prayers.
Sincerely,
David

·
Registered
172 Posts
While I have not suffered a stroke as you have, I followed a similar logic. I had an early Snow Bird. Using it was like wrestling with a bear. I gave it away and purchased an Ariens. Electric start, turns easily and electric start. A breeze to use.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts