Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
871 Posts
welcome to the snow blower forum .

manual wise i have found those to be rare for the brand ,hopefully one of the members knows where or how to find them

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
:welcome: to SBF looper549

I'm not sure on a Jacobsen if there is a way to tell the year from the model/serial number but if the engine is original the engine numbers should get you within a year or so of the machines manufacturing date.

It's likely a Tecumseh engine and the numbers you're looking for are on the top. If it has electric start the numbers might be below the starter button block and you need to remove two screws to lift it up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jacobsen Imperial

I still can't find the year or manuals. It has a Tecumseh H60-75106E with serial 5181 04182 It does not have a DOM. It is a Jacobsen 6 Hp, 26 inch cut, Imperial 2 stage snow jet. The serial number of the snowblower is 56200 7230. I have several photos, but don't know how to post them here.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome to the SBF from Central Pa.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I still can't find the year or manuals. It has a Tecumseh H60-75106E with serial 5181 04182 It does not have a DOM.
Welcome to SBF looper. I also had no luck locating a manual for your machine but will take a guess that your machine is from 1965. The engine serial number starts with a 5 and that indicates it was made in 1965, 75 or 85. Being that it has the fancy engine cover that would probably be replaced with something cheaper in later years reinforces my 1965 guess. Whoever owned it looks to have done a pretty nice restoration.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
someone else has one. Imperial Sno-Jet

https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/general-snowblower-discussion/775-jacobsen-sno-jet.html

Cut and paste from an engine site:

S/N 52001 comes up as a generic number for the Sno Jet Snow Blowers. It does not come up in the manufacturing data in the manual I have. The 52002 S/N begins in 1964, the next lowerr number, a different sequence is dated 1963, so I believe your machine is in that range of time. As of the 1971 Data book I have, there were 3 different cranks used in the SNO JETs, and 2 were discontinued, the 3rd only in the later engines (53000 series), was still available. The Sno Jets were built until 1970. Does your engine have a data tag on it? If so, can you relay the numbers to me in a PM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts