Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings friends.....well we got our first snowfall in SE Massachusetts today!...I went out and tried about a half dozen blowers that I wanted to see how they threw. My 8 26 Jacobsen Imperial...model 52625....was running really sweet....new carb, belt and paint....synthetic oil..all serviced and nice.....wouldn't throw the wet stuff for S**t. Kept clogging. Went into the shop....hoisted her up....did a baler belt impeller kit on two of the four impellers.....WOW.....different blower all together....blew slush into the next yard....no blockage at all. For an experiment (as an ex physics teacher I believe in the scientific method) tomorrow before the big storm predicted, I'm going to add belting to the other two impellers and see if there is another improvement. As an aside,the Powershift , Ariens 8 24, and the 10 27 Noma....handled the slush fairly well.....didn't throw far...but didn't clog. My personal blower for the last 10 years has been a ST 8 24 Ariens, repowered with a Harbor Freight greyhound engine. I'm definitely going to put the impeller kit on the old girl....and drill out the main jet. Runs great...at half choke.....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts