Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I love the top of the dash chute handle rather than bending down.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Trans is busted and the parts are nla.
Too bad as it does look really well cared for. I take it donor machines are NLA as well?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too bad as it does look really well cared for. I take it donor machines are NLA as well?[/QUOTE]

They pop up every once in a while. It's worth about $200 on its very best day not broken. Putting the engine on an old Ariens and the tires look brand new. Probably be better off a donating to the cause.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
I have four or five of those guys on my Craigslist out here. I also have one in the driveway :devil:

What parts are you looking for in the trans ?? Mine came with a chewed up jackshaft and I had to build it as it was NLA.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have four or five of those guys on my Craigslist out here. I also have one in the driveway

What parts are you looking for in the trans ?? Mine came with a chewed up jackshaft and I had to build it as it was NLA.
This is the part that's messed up. Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Is this the part you need?

Reactions: db130

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I've had two of the old Jakes....make sure you do the impeller kit if you plan to keep it.....won't throw wet stuff at all.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Thought I'd find out just in case I need one down the road. I pulled up their web site and there doesn't seem to be a way to contact them on there, only phone.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much is that part? It's great that someone makes a replacement for it... but Jacobsens don't fetch a lot of $.
I tried to contact them with no luck. The used ones that sold on eBay was $50-$60. Imo it's not worth it. After parts and labor it's better to salvage what's good and give away or junk the rest.

I have no interest in keeping a machine like this. I think the engine is undersized for a 26" machine.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Those shafts seem to be a common issue, this is off my Ariens, Made the new one from 440 SS so no rusting issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked up a super clean unrusted 826 imperial with no spark. Ill buy anything spark related you care to sell off.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
If you get the numbers off the engine parts should still be available for it. It's the blower itself that parts are scarce for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts