Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on replacing the drive belt in a Jacobsen Snow Jet 321 20 model number 96A20. Does anyone know of any information about this model? I can't find any information about them. I picked it up from someone that had a free sign on it and I am working on it to give to my 12 year old son. Any information would be appreciated.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Sadly Jacobsen got out of the consumer product business back around 1975, or so. The fine folks at Jacobsen/Textron have been very helpful to me in questions I've had about vintage mowers, some ranging back to the late 40s, so maybe they could help you with your Snow Jet too. They evidently got enough requests for such information, that they list the Lawn King, Lawn Queen and Lawn Prince on their list of out of production machinery. Just send a message to their technical assistance section through the contact us on their web page with the model and serial number with the information you're looking for. If they have something in their archives, they just might share a pdf with you.

http://www.jacobsen.com/americas-contact-us/

You can learn the year of manufacture of your Snow Jet from this web site. Just scroll down the list on the left, choose Snow Jet 20", then the model number and put the serial number of yours in the blank. Hit the ENTER button and it will give you the year of manufacture.

http://hmfind.com/JAC/JacobsenSerialNumberFinder.aspx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is all great information. Thank you all. I just found out my snow jet was manufactured in 1962 and I just contacted technical assistance at Jacobsen/Textron. I will follow up after I receive information from them. Again thank you all for helping with this.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
We'll look forward to hearing what Jacobsen's response is, and look forward to seeing pictures. Hope you'll share what you do to it to get it ready to pass on to your son.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: Jacobsen sent me the parts list with diagram for a 1961 Jacobsen SnowJet 360 for model 9620. If anyone needs a copy I will do my best to email it to you. I would attach it to the forum, but I'm not sure how to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts