Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I have a 'later model' JD 826 based on engine serial number stamping instead of a tag, the lubrication joints, and the taller style of snow exit chute. (There are probably many other characteristics, those are just what I can think of off the top of my head). I have shown the engine serial number. Can anyone date range it based on this? Thanks!
Wood Rectangle Motor vehicle Font Metal

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to include: Engine Code "HM80-155317M" Engine SER "7177D"

As for reasons- the machine is in good working condition though I'm trying to plan for future issues. I will say the reverse gear is very slow/weak and I have to hold the lever back with pressure or it will not reverse at all. No issues with forward drive gears.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I finally came across a picture I had the seller send me last year of the serial tag. Some previous owner had painted over it. He then tried to use some cleaning agent which actually made it completely illegible by the time I bought it. Anyway, I found the earlier photo where I can make out most of the tag. M00826X5771 is what I can read. Thank you to @oneboltshort for posting the serial range by year breakdowns. From that I can tell mine was built in 1988 with an engine built the year previous. Still don't know whether this was an Ariens or Deere built machine. Anyway- Thanks everyone!
Font Motor vehicle Gas Tints and shades Auto part

·
Registered
125 Posts
The serial number is not complete, there should be six (6) digits after the X. However, the model year is 1988 (M00826X575001-595000). See attached PDF.
I think this vintage was Deere built.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts