21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Here are the ones I make for my own JD 826's but will copy that link and pass it on for others that may be looking .... 32.00 w/free shipping acceptable for a pair of poly skids with the 2-inch c/l unless of course you make your own.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Rim

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I forgot to mention, the engine will start with the auger engaged. I need to make a red ground wire and connect to the safety switch module. I will be only person using the blower but I am anal about "things" not connected/working properly.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Yeah .... that module wants to "see" a proper ground wire from the auger system in order to start the machine. .... the red wire will go to the live plastic block .... thus, the other wire will go up to the left top plastic safety handle, the right safety handle and the engage/dis-engage auger switch. It will see the ground when starting the unit, as in dis-engage, that lever is grounded. Then, in order to engage auger while machine is running, you have to hold at least one safety lever, L or R or both, so it sees a ground. That way in case you fall, and let go of the machine, it breaks the ground bond closed circuit, and the machine will shut down by grounding the live feed coming from the ignition module.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Robalon skids arrived on Monday. Need to get them installed along with the NOS electric starter kit. Plan to use new SS hardware with the skids.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I have not had time to install the Robalon skids and change the oil. Too many other "irons in the fire". But plan to do these in the coming weeks. I will post some pics of the skids.

Question - does anyone have the correct "throttle control assembly" for an 826/1032? Or does anyone know the correct/original Tecumseh part number for the assembly (JD pn AM38449)? Is the corresponding Tecumseh pn 38449? I see some on the auction site but are the replacement with external throttle lever located at the carburetor (refer to an earlier pic with red knob). The original 826/1032 shutoff was only on the control console. I tried lubing the throttle cable but it will not go to "shutoff" at the console. I need to turn the key off or move the red knob lever to shut off the engine. Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
There are a few assemblies to control the throttle on the Tecumseh, some are at the cowl, others at the handles with enclosed cable, and some allow for both.

To adjust the throttle position cable, many are done just by loosening and repositioning the outer cable sleeve and retightening.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
There are a few assemblies to control the throttle on the Tecumseh, some are at the cowl, others at the handles with enclosed cable, and some allow for both.

To adjust the throttle position cable, many are done just by loosening and repositioning the outer cable sleeve and retightening.
Thanks for the reply.
I tried adjusting the cable but it still will not allow the lever at the lower control to go to shutoff. As of now the only way to shutoff the engine is to turn the key off. Otherwise I need to manually move the lower lever to shutoff. Lubing the cable did help but it did not resolve the issue.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
So just use the key, or just run a bent paperclip or any other tab which is grounded to the insulated live ground block to the stop position of the throttle lever where it would ground and stop the engine. Pretty easy resolve actually, without having to replace anything. This is similar to what the original would be like ....
Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Staple food

21 - 30 of 30 Posts