Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Member,

I just bought and old snowblower John Deere 726 , and I want to apply new paint to each part. My questions is How I unfix the shaft from the auger housing(see pictures).

Do I need a puller or a heather ?

Please help me

Attachments

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Take off that bushing flange, then unbolt both sides of the auger and bow the bucket very slightly and remove the entire impeller/auger assembly.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Usually that bushing, as well as the auger shaft end bushings will need replacing.

Another one that wears out often is the end bushing behind the cap on the auger/impeller gear case. While your there, might want to replace seals also ..... that is all depending if your going that far .... you will know if that bushing is shot, as the back of the impeller will be scraping the back side of the impeller housing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying to me, but Do I need to take out the stopper that is fix to the shaft. This stopper block the bracket.

Excuse my english.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Yes, you have to remove that woodruff key in the keyway, and save it for re-assembly. Be careful not to damage it, and clean it up good with a file if you put any dings in it.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
If all else fails, tap it out and just replace it .... woodruff keys are cheap and can be found locally .....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If all else fails, tap it out and just replace it .... woodruff keys are cheap and can be found locally .....
Dear Oneacer,

As you can see I am ready for the winter season,

Thanks to you and all the members who kindly answered me, I was able to disassemble my blower and paint it.

Here is the final result.

Plant Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Tire Plant Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Vehicle

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Nice job .... if you find those lawn tires slipping on you, you can put on some XTrac, as I did on my 826 restore ... I also could not find poly skids with the 2 inch oc holes, so I made my own out of poly ....

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Rim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts