Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High guys I joined because I need to buy a blower. I found this JD 826 right now the price is at $400.00, she just came down from $500.00. I didn't get the SN yet to learn the year

can you fellas advise if this is worth that price?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
That unit looks like it just rolled off the showroom, never even used.

My opinion would be definitely worth 400.00.

Nice find, well built machine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That unit looks like it just rolled off the showroom, never even used.

My opinion would be definitely worth 400.00.

Nice find, well built machine.
It sure does look new, I been digging around and see parts are still available. I asked her if she can ger me the SN so I can try and identify the year built.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Welcome to SBF jmg.
Machine looks to be from the late 1980's, post the engine serial # and we can give you a more accurate age.

Machine appears to be near mint condition, remarkable if it is original paint. Possibly the machine was restored, if so it was done very well.
Some paint wear inside the chute, the muffler looks brand new. Definitely well cared for.

If machine runs fine, well worth $350.00 -400.00 IMHO. Prices for used machines seem to have gone up during the past year. Try to find out the history of the machine, whether it was used very little and stored away or if it was restored.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the imput, she will maybe reply to me after work. I don't think this is a restoration, her add discription. My 1st offer was $300.00 and she dropp $100.00 right out of the gate.
"
  • Condition
    Used - Like New
  • Brand
    John Deere
For Sale John Deere 826 walkbehind Snowblower. Very good condtion. Used. 8 hp. 26 in. cut. This machine is like new.
Electric start. Runs great. No rust. Looks like new. You will not find one in better condition. Don't miss on this great deal.
Local pickup only. Cash Payment. Price $500.Serious buyers please contact.

"

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Probably all original, and very well looked after. Even the control knobs look brand new, usually they are faded and often missing or replaced.

These are well built machines manufactured when JD was still building their own machines. These later models had the taller chute which is a good feature.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Completely worth it. The only things you may have to replace on it (just due to age) are tires and fuel lines. That looks to be the worst case scenario.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would rather spend 400 dollars on this than 1000 on a new one. The quality of now vs then is not even in the same league. It might need some work but it's well worth getting your hands dirty.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
The downside to that model is left drive lever. It's tiring to squeeze up. Skids, cutting edge, tires, are all in great shape, cast iron gearbox, maybe the thickest auger ever on the market, throttle on the dashboard. The weak point is the handlebars near the bottom but more so for the 1032.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the serial number will you guys have any idea how to find the Mfg year with the SN? Thanks for all the help so far. I tend to agree about the older quality being stronger than the new stuff these days.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
You need to post the serial number of the engine, however you can call a JD dealer with the snowblower's serial number.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You need to post the serial number of the engine, however you can call a JD dealer with the snowblower's serial number.
OH I didn't know I needed the block number, oh drat. I guess i will look up the dealer number and give them a call to use what I have already. I am still in the process of negotiation to buy. I am hoping to get this down closer to $300.00.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is a 1989 model (595001-750000) and the last year of production for this model/series. The tires are not original but that does not mean the machine is not original. The runners are not original either (look like plastic/poly replacements). Check the scraper bar for wear. Find out what you can about the history/maintenance. Does it run? The machine is worth $400 if everything checks okay.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
If I were you, I would just pay her the 400.00 before someone else grabs it, as she already came down 100.00. That's a nice machine. Should not have to do anything to it, except change the oil, using a 5W30 Full Synthetic. Make sure you use treated gas. In all my 5 gallon gas cans, I always put in 2oz of Stabil and also 2oz of SeaFoam.

That machine is built well and should last you many years.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
If the machine runs well and operates fine, I would offer $350, but would pay the $400 if she won't come down any further. The owner has upgraded the tires and skids over the years as mentioned above, which probably means it has been well maintained.

If the paint is all original, you will probably never see one of this vintage in better condition. It looks like it has seen 3 winters not 32.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s worth all of the $400. My old JDs are a 1982 model 826 and a 1973? Model 526. Both start first pull and blow snow like crazy.

You would like this 826, and so will the next guy if you don’t snap it up!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
BUT are we forgetting it's July, not January, No snow! What happened to off season pricing?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
No off season pricing in my area ... a machine is worth what it is depending on condition .... doesn't matter if its July or November.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts