Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on re-building an older HM80 from a John Deere 826 snowblower that I acquired on Craigslist. I only have the engine, and it was disassembled when I got it. I'm wondering if anyone with a JD 826 could post a picture of how the throttle/governor linkages are configured. I'm not sure if I'm missing springs or linkages needed to get it set up properly. The throttle plate I have mounts to the carb body and would use a cable to actuate it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Doesn't matter the name of the snowblower, Tecumseh 8-10hp are all the same.

Attached are some pictures I have on my tablet. If you need a different view, post.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't matter the name of the snowblower, Tecumseh 8-10hp are all the same.

Attached are some pictures I have on my tablet. If you need a different view, post.
Thanks for the reply! It looks like your throttle linkage mounts to the flywheel cover. The one I have is on a L shaped bracket that bolts to the side of the carburetor. I’m out of town this weekend but I’ll try to post some pictures of it on Sunday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part I have highlighted in the diagram below is what my throttle linkage is mounted on. It's meant to accept a cable for a remote mounted throttle such as the one used on older JD 8/26 blowers.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts