Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

New to the forum. I inherited a JD 826 this summer. It wasn't running so I ended up putting on a new carb, replacing the fuel lines, servicing the auger gearbox, and putting in a new spark plug.

It fired right up - and I ran it a few more times this fall just to make sure it was ready when the snow started to fly.

Well we received about 14" of snow last week, but I wasn't home - so my wife tried to start it. It's not easy to pull, but she gave it a **** of a try. Anyways, she flooded it - so I said I'd take care of it when I got home.

I can't get the damned thing to start now. It seems like it's not getting spark. Swapped plugs again and it won't fire. I left the plug connected and gave it a few pulls - couldn't see any spark on the plug. Once it flashed, but it was extremely weak.

A little digging turned up the possibility that the interlock control module is toast? I snapped a couple pictures of it.

Any ideas? It ran just fine when I put it away. I'm not great at troubleshooting spark issues. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disregard. Haha. The trigger for the auger was malfunctioning. Temporarily taped it down and it started right up.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
:welcome: to SBF wildlandff18

Always nice when it's something simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts