Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a snowblower ever since I was a kid. I remember my father using one to create tunnels in the plow piles for me to play in.

Skip forward 35 years, and i finally got my own. 24 Platinum SHO.

Now all I need is SNOW!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've been wanting a snowblower ever since I was a kid. I remember my father using one to create tunnels in the plow piles for me to play in.

Skip forward 35 years, and i finally got my own. 24 Platinum SHO.

Now all I need is SNOW!!!!!!!!!
I think you just spoil yourself. Who said men don't play with toys? We just play with men's toys.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Only difference between men and boys IS the price of the toys, He got a sweet toy too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't forget the other old saying. He who dies with the most toys wins! And, I hope my wife sells my (insert collection variety) for what it's worth, not what I told her I paid.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
@Md,

You'll be smooth sailing when that white stuff gets here …. nice machine.

I also notice on these newer units, that Ariens now goes up the side of the bucket with the scraper bar and bolts on the side, thus finally protecting that area of the bucket that always wants to crack from the stress on the older models of blowers.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice machine. I joined the "family" this past April and can't wait to try out my previously enjoyed Deluxe 28.

·
Registered
178 Posts
@Md,

You'll be smooth sailing when that white stuff gets here …. nice machine.

I also notice on these newer units, that Ariens now goes up the side of the bucket with the scraper bar and bolts on the side, thus finally protecting that area of the bucket that always wants to crack from the stress on the older models of blowers.
I'm not sure about other Ariens models, but my 10 years old ST824E came with a scraper bar that was bolted to the sides of the bucket as well. The ones that are not bolted to the sides of the bucket are usually aftermarket. Yes, they would make them cheaper. I don't know why people like those scraper bars so much and give them 5 stars rating. Clearly, bolted to the sides help. I spent $5 more for a scraper bar that is bolted to the side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts