Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just got a fresh load of Compact 24 and Deluxe 28's in. My wife was intimidated by the 28 so we went with the Compact.

Current have older 522 single stage.

Delivery Monday.

Does anyone use Armor skids with the little guy?

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
armor skids are a great addition for any two stage machine
congrats on the purchase of the compact

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Being the compact has "pin lock" drive and not auto turn, you may not need the Armor Skids, unless you have a driveway or sidewalk with lots of cracks or sharp ridge's.

Make sure your wife knows how the pin lock works if she will be using it, unless you can leave the pin thru the wheel hub (resulting in both wheels driving). Having to jockie a blower out of the garage with both wheels in the drive mode can be a challenge for upper body strength.

I even went as far as doing a video of how to start and use my blowers, and put it on the computer, as I know my wife will never remember what I told her. One of those things, if she does not do it a few times a year, she will not remember. That when if she has to use it, she can watch the video to help her know what switch or lever does what.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She arrived today. What a beauty!

Amazing how easy the pull start is. Must have exhaust valve relief.

I'm ready for next big snow - if we get one. For now it's time to cut a path for dog in yard.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
report back after yu use it

·
Registered
180 Posts
what intimidated your wife about the 28? You need to have her use a Pro-32 and watch her expression when she see's how far the snow will throw and she'll grin and say "yes dear, we'll get the 28."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Size and weight intimidated her. She's not use to having something that big in her hands :p

Cleaned up edges of driveway and cut a path through the ~ 2 feet of snow in my yard for the dog. It bogged a bit but took it like a pros.

I like the small size (my garage is packed) and this baby is miles ahead of my old 522 :)

Looks good too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts