Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This is my first post here. I did a lot of research and apparently came up with the same conclusion many of you have... Toro makes a great snowblower. I initially was going to get the non-HD unit, but for about $300 more you get a lot more machine.

If you are still in the research stage, This may help:

The HD unit comes with larger tires, a reinforced frame, commercial grade gearbox, wheel clutches for easier steering and a feeling that you just made a fantastic purchase. The dealer said, the only time he sees these for service is if someone does not turn off the fuel at the end of the season. He suggested turning off the fuel after every use (Run it empty then give it 3-4 pulls on the cord) just in case there is no more significant snow for the year.

I am waiting on delivery and a snowfall to test it.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
hello karinger, welcome to SBF and congrats!! sounds like a great machine, too bad they don't make an 824 hd oxe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello karinger, welcome to SBF and congrats!! sounds like a great machine, too bad they don't make an 824 hd oxe
Yeah, if they made it in a 24" that would have been the one I purchased. My main reason for getting the HD unit is that the plows in my area bury me on a regular basis. In the past, I've had major ice chunks to contend with. The size of this unit is overkill for my property size otherwise.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Bravo on the Toro :grin:

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Yeah, if they made it in a 24" that would have been the one I purchased. My main reason for getting the HD unit is that the plows in my area bury me on a regular basis. In the past, I've had major ice chunks to contend with. The size of this unit is overkill for my property size otherwise.
my reason for a 824 is that is about as wide of a bucket I can fit in the garage with all the other stuff that's in there. I had a '79 826 but it was too much trouble to get it in or out of the garage, I gave it to a friend back in july because he always helps me with other stuff and he wanted a big snowblower after seeing the 826 and the 824 powershift in the garage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts