Snowblower Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
It sounds like your dealer and his "mechanics" leave a lot to be desired , unfortunately good dealers seem to be harder to find these days.

There are good dealers out there, especially the ones who rely on word of mouth from satisfied customers to generate business. I would try to find another dealer in the area, who is more familiar with EFI systems on these machines, as it sounds like there is still an issue.

You could also have a discussion with the current dealer and Ariens, express your concerns and frustration with the machine and see if they will take it back as a trade in on a carbureted model.

I prefer the simplicity and reliability of the time proven carb, which will give years of trouble free service if you follow the owners manual recommendations for fuel, storage and maintenance.

If I have a carb problem, I know I can clean or replace it myself with ease and little expense.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The warranty should be between the dealer and Ariens, its not your fault. If you have a receipt...

Did you buy with a credit card? If so I would give them a call. You may be protected.
I have the receipt which has everything on it. Ariens said to me the dealer did not register it. When i called the dealer they stated to me "sometimes they register sometimes not because they use there internal system from date of purchase.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Since you have your receipt, I don't understand (unless the dealer is absolute garbage) why this should be a problem. They need to make you happy.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have the receipt which has everything on it. Ariens said to me the dealer did not register it. When i called the dealer they stated to me "sometimes they register sometimes not because they use there internal system from date of purchase.
Wow. I've bought machines from several different dealers and they have all registered the them before I took delivery. Even the one machine I had to buy from a dealer half way across the country and ship in was registered. Once you get this issue sorted out I'd never go back to these clowns again.

Reactions: jr27236

·
Registered
526 Posts
How far to another dealer? Maybe see if there is a ariens Rep in the area that can help out, act as a intermediary with higher ups in customer service or technical support. All isn't lost, but might take some swee talk to a caring company rep.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
How far to another dealer? Maybe see if there is a ariens Rep in the area that can help out, act as a intermediary with higher ups in customer service or technical support. All isn't lost, but might take some swee talk to a caring company rep.
Didn't think of that. This is a very large dealer. But the I dont give a shitt attitude pours from the owners pores. The silly part, this guy walks around with a mask on all day in his own shop with the same workers all day. Too bad he didnt put one over my new machine

·
Registered
181 Posts
They still have my machine with no repair in site
thats aweful man.....

I would contact Ariens Directly and state you need a machine, you paid 3k..... I didnt realize they had a Hydro model like Honda.

its getting close to snow time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Used this thing ONCE. Put away properly, stabilized the fuel and attempted to start today.....NO GO. What a POS and a bad mistake by me to buy this new garbage EFI shit. Guess i have to bring it to the dealer already. Wow

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
EFI has a battery in it, it will die if not charged and the EFI will not work therefor you're snowblower will not start

·
Registered
165 Posts
They still have my machine with no repair in site
OH boy. I bought my 28" Pro RapidTrak two years ago and I really wanted EFI but it wasn't available in the Track version, only wheelers, so I reluctantly went with the carb version. After reading so many similar stories as yours, I'm starting to believe not getting EFI was a blessing. New machines should never have these issue's right out of the gate. This is disappointing. I know how I am, I'd get it fixed and immediately unload it, even at a significant loss if need be, because I know it would drive me crazy. I'm sorry if my post makes you feel bad. I feel for you and anyone else in a similar situation.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
EFI has a battery in it, it will die if not charged and the EFI will not work therefor you're snowblower will not start
You are dead on! They now say that the BATTERY was defective all along and that was the cause of all the issues. What this exposed is the fact that this dealer did NOT do basic trouble shooting with a meter in the beginning and just treated this a fuel issue from the onset. So I am going to pick it up after I finish typing this response and will report back as to what the machine now looks like after being at the dealer since aug/Sept.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
OH boy. I bought my 28" Pro RapidTrak two years ago and I really wanted EFI but it wasn't available in the Track version, only wheelers, so I reluctantly went with the carb version. After reading so many similar stories as yours, I'm starting to believe not getting EFI was a blessing. New machines should never have these issue's right out of the gate. This is disappointing. I know how I am, I'd get it fixed and immediately unload it, even at a significant loss if need be, because I know it would drive me crazy. I'm sorry if my post makes you feel bad. I feel for you and anyone else in a similar situation.
Thanks, I am like you and regret my decision to purchase this EFI machine and will most likely unload it, as Ariens as a company did NOTHING to assist me also in this matter and I was left to the mercy of an incompetent dealer. Never in my life have I ever brought a machine to someone to get repaired. I would never of been in this boat if it were a carbed unit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks, I am like you and regret my decision to purchase this EGO machine and will most likely will unload it as Aroens as a company did NOTHING to assist me also in this matter and I was left to the mercy of an incompetent dealer. Never in my life have I ever brought a machine to someone to get repaired. I would never of been in this boat if it were a carbed unit.
I truly feel for you. I know I'd be ready to explode, especially with it not getting fixed quickly. I've seen the EFI machines running and they sound amazing and I re wanted one, but I needed a "track" machine and EFI wasn't available otherwise I would have chosen it. With that said, I'm not sure you're going to ever want to look at an Ariens, but I have no complaints with the 2019 Rapidtrac I purchased. It always starts with a single "pull". I've never even bothered to pull out an extension cord to use the auto start. I don't even know if it works. It's always started with a single pull (accept the few times I didn't realize I had the gas turned off or the key in the off position - LOL). I hope everything turns out in the end. Best wishes!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I truly feel for you. I know I'd be ready to explode, especially with it not getting fixed quickly. I've seen the EFI machines running and they sound amazing and I re wanted one, but I needed a "track" machine and EFI wasn't available otherwise I would have chosen it. With that said, I'm not sure you're going to ever want to look at an Ariens, but I have no complaints with the 2019 Rapidtrac I purchased. It always starts with a single "pull". I've never even bothered to pull out an extension cord to use the auto start. I don't even know if it works. It's always started with a single pull (accept the few times I didn't realize I had the gas turned off or the key in the off position - LOL). I hope everything turns out in the end. Best wishes!!!!
Thank you, I went to the dealer to pick it up after I replied to you. I go into the place the guy gives me my charger and a box(which contained the engine stickers from LCT. I go outside and the mechanic is wheeling it out and gas is splashing out from under the gas cap that was supposed to be replaced from day one and instead of ordering the proper one, they canibalized it from another machine with a different sized tank apparently. I look at the machine and it is FILTHY the axles and shafts coming out the sides of the case are all rusted, the dash label is all faded as well as all the other stickers and some pealing apart, the black rubber around the levers is turning brown, bolts on the engine and muffler are all rusting. I lost my mind and left the machine there. I am NOT taking this machine back. They need to replace it with another brand new machine. I brought them a brand new NEVER used machine and it looks like it sat next to a shed in the weather for ten years now. Tell me if im wrong to feel this way. I called ariens and they are supposed to have a sales rep call me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
OMG !!!!! I'd have lost it too !!! Totally unacceptable. That's NOT how you treat a customer's new machine. Think about it: if you bought a brand new car and had to bring it back for a repair, would the dealer fix it, and than give it back to you covered in dust, rusty, etc... ??? If course not. Your car would be washed and cleaned up appropriately. I realize a snowblower may be "just a tool", but it was a $3000.00 brand new snowblower. It should come out of the shop looking like that. No excuses. I'd have handled it the same way you did, and if this gets sorted out, I'd never use this dealer again.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thank you, I went to the dealer to pick it up after I replied to you. I go into the place the guy gives me my charger and a box(which contained the engine stickers from LCT. I go outside and the mechanic is wheeling it out and gas is splashing out from under the gas cap that was supposed to be replaced from day one and instead of ordering the proper one, they canibalized it from another machine with a different sized tank apparently. I look at the machine and it is FILTHY the axles and shafts coming out the sides of the case are all rusted, the dash label is all faded as well as all the other stickers and some pealing apart, the black rubber around the levers is turning brown, bolts on the engine and muffler are all rusting. I lost my mind and left the machine there. I am NOT taking this machine back. They need to replace it with another brand new machine. I brought them a brand new NEVER used machine and it looks like it sat next to a shed in the weather for ten years now. Tell me if im wrong to feel this way. I called ariens and they are supposed to have a sales rep call me.
WOW! I just replied to one of your comments in another thread, disregard what I said. I would be beyond livid. Now I really don't blame you for not wanting anything to do with this machine ever again. This dealer is beyond incompetent. To treat someone else's property like that while it's in your care is unimaginable to me. Back when I was doing a lot of repair work for people, their machine was always in the garage or the shed no matter what. Away from the elements.

I take pride in taking care of my stuff. For example here's a pic of my 2015 machine. It still looks about 98% showroom ready. Of course it gets used so it can't be perfect but you get the point.

An old timer once told me, "Keep your workstation clean because it's a reflection of the work that you put out." This dealer nailed that analogy, disgraceful.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yeah,
You are wrong to feel that way. You need to be a lot more angry.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Of course the pictures I took of the machine make it look BETTER than it does in person. The paint is all hazed/oxidized over now on the engine now. The the rust is terrible BUT it wasnt there and would NEVER be there in my care. Once rust starts its a constant battle there on. The muffler mounting bolts (can't see in pictures are really bad looking. I couldn't sell this machine for near what I paid for it in its current state.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Complete and absolute bulls***. Give them hell man. You have every right to be pissed. Sounds like this is 70% the dealers fault. Call the dealer everyday asking them how they are fixing this. Find an Ariens rep in your area and call him everyday. Call Ariens customer service everyday. Ariens needs to step up and put heat on that so called “dealer”. I always recommend a dealer over big box because of the service. But holy crap, they are giving dealers a bad name. It’s time to be the squeaky wheel with about 50% jerk mixed in. Ariens is a good company and they make quality snowblowers, but they (and to a greater extent that “dealer”) screwed this up royally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 74 Posts