Snowblower Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
Complete and absolute bulls***. Give them hell man. You have every right to be pissed. Sounds like this is 70% the dealers fault. Call the dealer everyday asking them how they are fixing this. Find an Ariens rep in your area and call him everyday. Call Ariens customer service everyday. Ariens needs to step up and put heat on that so called “dealer”. I always recommend a dealer over big box because of the service. But holy crap, they are giving dealers a bad name. It’s time to be the squeaky wheel with about 50% jerk mixed in. Ariens is a good company and they make quality snowblowers, but they (and to a greater extent that “dealer”) screwed this up royally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just got off the phone with this guy, my hands are actually shaking from this guy im so mad. He tried to spin it that he didnt LOOK at the machine when I brought it in or take pictures, so to that I say "well I have pictures and I also went over it with his guy who took it in" He then tried to say "you never wanted this machine" that was based on me saying during the first pickup when it stalled and never restarted, that I should of bought a carbureted machine because they couldnt fix it. I did EVERYTHING not to rip his F'n head off. Says he is going to call Ariens and see what they can do. I told him its NOT on Ariens its on him as a dealer. He asks with the ass attitude "what do you want me to do?" I told him the ONLY resolution to this is a replacenent new machine.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
So just an FYI about Arien's customer service and communication. I've seen in past threads how they were less than helpful. Well in MY case they have been nothing but helpful. From the moment I call CS and now have an assigned rep who has put had the supervisor for the entire Northeast call me and is involved now. They have ALL been great. A HUMAN answers the phone, yea you heard that right, a HUMAN! You call the fire dept today and you will get the standard "due to higher than normal call volume, your expected wait time to speak to a representative is between 50 -100 years!" Ariens is obviously doing something right here, with its employee's. They are at work, in the office. No barking dog or crying child in the background. So thats the bright note here, nothing further to report on the machine other then, the dealer is fully responsible here for the lack of care and concern they provided for a NEW machine by leaving it outside in crazy blowing storms and baking sun since August.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm sure Ariens is not very pleased with that dealer right now. Horrible representation of the brand.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Got my machine back the other day. I agreed to go see how it was after speaking with the Arien's rep again. I was pretty satisfied on how they cleaned it up and knew I would have to do more when I got it home. Had to remove all engine stickers and compound the tank and intake cover to remove all the oxidation from sitting outside. The dealer got the complete engine sticker kit for it. They also broke the screw mounts on the plastic panel on the front. The Rep is sending me EVERY sticker and part that I want replaced. Also bumped the warranty up another 2 years. He was incredibly cooperative and accommodating with me and knew that getting me a new machine at this stupid FN time was near to impossible and would do all he could to make this machine as perfect as the day I brought it in. Used it today for the first time with snow and it performed great. LOVE the hydo transmission, makes it is a breeze to operate this machine around the driveway and yard.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Got my machine back the other day. I agreed to go see how it was after speaking with the Arien's rep again. I was pretty satisfied on how they cleaned it up and knew I would have to do more when I got it home. Had to remove all engine stickers and compound the tank and intake cover to remove all the oxidation from sitting outside. The dealer got the complete engine sticker kit for it. They also broke the screw mounts on the plastic panel on the front. The Rep is sending me EVERY sticker and part that I want replaced. Also bumped the warranty up another 2 years. He was incredibly cooperative and accommodating with me and knew that getting me a new machine at this stupid FN time was near to impossible and would do all he could to make this machine as perfect as the day I brought it in. Used it today for the first time with snow and it performed great. LOVE the hydo transmission, makes it is a breeze to operate this machine around the driveway and yard.
Hopefully everything works out in the end for you. Sucks what you had to and are basically still going through. I wish you the best of luck from here on out. All things being perfect, that is a hell of a machine!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hopefully everything works out in the end for you. Sucks what you had to and are basically still going through. I wish you the best of luck from here on out. All things being perfect, that is a hell of a machine!
Thank you. If you saw it now, it looks damn good. Compound/wax the hell out of it. Changed the oil today for the first time today also and I know you guys love pics lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for the response, I have a new SHO 24 platinum and am only at an hour of run time. You don't really know what the oil will look like until you dump it. Thanks again, I don't plan on going past 5 hours from the looks of your oil.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Thanks for the response, I have a new SHO 24 platinum and am only at an hour of run time. You don't really know what the oil will look like until you dump it. Thanks again, I don't plan on going past 5 hours from the looks of your oil.
Yeah it looked worse in the pan than when I would check the level. I figured it was in there since when I bought it so the 10 minutes it takes to change it and since I always have 5qt jugs on hand, it's a no brainer to just change it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I just changed the oil on my new Pro 420 and the oil was slightly dirty but no metal particles. Looked clean and did not look to need a change, but dealer said change oil at 5 hours. I have 5.5 hours on hour meter and perhaps 1.5 hours elapsed time before the hour meter was installed so maybe 7 hours total.

I changed the oil on my 2015 Platinum SHO after a month of much more running and it had no metal particles either. Oil did not look like it needed changing either. At that time members here spoke about very small amounts of metal particles in the oil after 5 hours of use. Your oil particles are thousands of times more plentiful than the worst case I have seen pictures of.

I would be worried with so many metal particles in the oil. You may want to change the oil again soon after some more running to ensure their elimination.

Reactions: dagjohnsen56

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I just changed the oil on my new Pro 420 and the oil was slightly dirty but no metal particles. Looked clean and did not look to need a change, but dealer said change oil at 5 hours. I have 5.5 hours on hour meter and perhaps 1.5 hours elapsed time before the hour meter was installed so maybe 7 hours total.

I changed the oil on my 2015 Platinum SHO after a month of much more running and it had no metal particles either. Oil did not look like it needed changing either. At that time members here spoke about very small amounts of metal particles in the oil after 5 hours of use. Your oil particles are thousands of times more plentiful than the worst case I have seen pictures of.

I would be worried with so many metal particles in the oil. You may want to change the oil again soon after some more running to ensure their elimination.
I will be changing it after the winter, before I put it away for the season.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts