Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I get a thread going for my new 1028.

I'm not new to the Toro lineup, in 1994-1998 I used a Toro PowerThrow 724 and 1998-2009 an 824 PowerShift, then a 44" Cub Cadet tractor mounted machine and from 2011- 2015 a Power Max HD 926 OXE.

I'm looking forward to the heated hand grips and the additional torque over the 926. I kind of wanted to give Ariens a go this time around but with the smart engineering of the Toro and lighter weight and in particular not having 'auto turn' the Toro was the machine to go with for me.

I'll post up my impressions once I get some snow!

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
congrats jason

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welp, we have an incoming storm tonight. Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be about <1" of mix. A couple of days ago the forecast was 5"-8"! Oh well, at least it's feeling like winter and Christmas for me now!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got to test it out a little bit last night! The end of driveway stuff was about 3-4" of heavy nasty mostly sleet accumulations that the city plow pushed. The machine was a champ! The little bit that was left on the driveway wasn't a problem either and the scraper blade go it cleared down to almost blacktop.

I plan on adjusting the skid shoes down a little since the scraper blade had a few abrupt stops from my less than perfect driveway but otherwise I'm quite happy with it!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I got to test it out a little bit last night! The end of driveway stuff was about 3-4" of heavy nasty mostly sleet accumulations that the city plow pushed. The machine was a champ! The little bit that was left on the driveway wasn't a problem either and the scraper blade go it cleared down to almost blacktop.

I plan on adjusting the skid shoes down a little since the scraper blade had a few abrupt stops from my less than perfect driveway but otherwise I'm quite happy with it!
I used one of those paint stir sticks under my cutting edge, which I guess is around 1/8 in thickness. Seems to work well on the 3 drive ways I do.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well you could come out west seems like every morning there is 4 to 6 in for the last 6 days. need a day off.
SURE...RUB IT IN!!!!!

We are having the winter of our dreams (if we had no desire to blow snow). Once again my purchase last year has had a far reaching impact on our season and we STILL have zero precip in the forecast for the foreseeable future (central Alberta owes me a Timmy's Coffee. double Double thank you)

Only Alberta - a winter province if there ever was one...can turn tropical and make you feel like you wasted money on an otherwise sure bet...

There is no hope for using it yet...in Alberta...did I mention this is Alberta we are talking? Sweet mercy...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Use it yet?
Im looking at the same 10/28 machine.
Thinking about retiring the 1980 TORO 11/32 beast ive been using.
Did they discontinue the 11/28 power max?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Use it yet?
The Toro HD1128 is still available and offers a 342cc Briggs engine ( I have heard that this motor may change to a Loncin engine next year). It includes a self-leveling shave plate to get down to the pavement. My local dealer was asking about $2000. For one, you may have a hard time finding one this late in the season if you wanted one at this point. I attached a link.

http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/Toro-38803-Snow-Thrower/p14403.html

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Use it yet?
yes they make a 1128 Power max I have one bought last year.
http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/snowblower-reviews/30153-toro-1128-power-max.html
http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/snowblowerskids-com/31913-fancy-new-shoes-toro-1128-oxe-power-max.html
http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/toro-snowblowers/30169-power-max-hd-1128-a-2.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Use it yet?
I got to use it on a bit over an inch of sleet. This was at the end of the storm after mixing with rain and getting good and heavy. It's exactly as I expected it, performed great! I was almost able to hit my house from the end of my driveway.

My dealer didn't have anymore 1128 machines.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts