Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thing that I'd like to know. On a snow chute why is the inside of the curve open. Was thinking about a piece of plastic from the outside to cover the opening. Sometimes in certain snows snow will leak for a better word out that slot. Its a little concern because when i go that side it goes onto the motor making the throttle a little sticky. Its a little concern unlike my name because I have to move the throttle a bit after each cut to keep it free. I have a single and two stage both have the slot in the chute. Is it there for to get clogs out easier or a suction thing or something else

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Its open becouse

1) its realy not needed. The speed of the snow coming out keeps it at the outside of the curve. Just like a banked cruve on a race track.

2) if it was full [like a tube] is would create more resistance, and lead to more clogs, and not allowing the snow to be thrown as far.

3) clogs DO happan, and can you imange sticking a stick down a curved tub to unclog?

OK.. so Im sure there are more, but you get the idea. In your case I thing I would make up a little sheld, or deflector on the engine to cover the linkedge better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts