Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked out in the garage the other day and almost thought I could hear my ST324P crying. This winter sucks. The few times i have used it has performed good. Really disappointed its raining in Michigan. Bring on the snow, I'm ready to go!!!!!! I mean a guy can only wax his snowblower so many times...lol

·
Super Moderator
6,673 Posts
no snow over here in the motor either ducky but it is darn windy right about now

·
Retired Moderator
9,928 Posts
I bought a nice big used Toro 1332 last year and no snow to try it. Same thing this year till last night. Finally got some snow worth firing it up. Choke, throttle, prime and first pull if fires and it's running beautifully. Take the choke off, grab a gear pull the handle, nothing. Different forward gear, nothing, reverse, nothing.

I feel your pain Ducky. Waited a whole year to play with mine and ....
Used the tried and true 24" Troy and will take a look at the Toro when I'm not so disgusted.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
was some snow here......now its 30 shades of brown, after the rain tomorrow.....it will be 50 shades of brown, all snow will be gone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I understand and feel your pain Ducky, shoveled the last two years before deciding to re-power the Toro 724. I've used it twice but haven't had the chance to give it a full & complete workout.

When you're prepared nothing ever happens, when you're not prepared expect the worse.

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I know Ducky, as I get practically the same weather you do it's been a bummer. I've used the Husky once and the Honda once. Depressing, very depressing.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I think we had a record high today, 55-56 degrees. All of the 2 1/2 inches of snow we have had this year is gone....This is very disappointing, I have a hurd of 4 snowblowers that have seen more wax on them this year then snow...I am still keeping my fingers crossed for at least one or two big snow dumps before spring....I am working on making up a snow dance, it's still in the beginning stage ......LMBO

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Gee you guys, I wish I could send some down your way.

3" today, 6" last night, puts us at 118+" so far. I'm in a narrow band that gets a ton. About a mile from Lake Michigan, winds hit the Manitou Islands, then bombs away at my house. :smiley-char060:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm just south of the 45th Parallel and right about in line with Kiss4aFrog...I think he's sending all these cold winds my way, they then pickup that warmer air from the lake and then they take a giant dump on me and my. :smiley-gen125:

Reactions: detdrbuzzard

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in the Kalamazoo area and it's bad. I'm hoping for a big one but it's not looking good. I would like to get a few tanks thru it. Sad but true, last storm I tried to make a deep row of snow. Nothing that even challenged it. Fingers crossed, off to snow dance in the rain.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I walked out in the garage the other day and almost thought I could hear my ST324P crying. This winter sucks. The few times i have used it has performed good. Really disappointed its raining in Michigan. Bring on the snow, I'm ready to go!!!!!! I mean a guy can only wax his snowblower so many times...lol
You cannot have too many coats of wax, except if it gets too thick that moving parts start to bind. :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Gee you guys, I wish I could send some down your way.

3" today, 6" last night, puts us at 118+" so far. I'm in a narrow band that gets a ton. About a mile from Lake Michigan, winds hit the Manitou Islands, then bombs away at my house. :smiley-char060:
Sounds like you need more snowblowers to get the job done, and maybe a few neighbour kids to operate them for ya :icon_whistling:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sounds like you need more snowblowers to get the job done, and maybe a few neighbour kids to operate them for ya
I believe you're right! Now if I can just get my wife to go along with that one. :) She thinks I'm still the kid that does the work :) :smiley-char060:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Here in town no snow 1/2 hr East and West, over 12 in what did I do wrong to miss the snow.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
my warranty is wasting away!!
Warranty should be based on running hours, not years or months.

Think I will send a strongly worded memo to the Grand Poo-bah of Warranty policy and have him put it on the agenda at the next meeting. :huh:

Reactions: jrom and Hanky

·
Registered
189 Posts
This morning it was -39 in Stony Rapids, Saskatchewan. Just south of there it rained this afternoon. So if you think the climate has lost it's mind, you're not far off. From the normal 5 feet of snow on my lawn I'm down to 12 inches this year. March is the Month we test our machines normally! Yaaa waxing!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts