Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It make me chuckle.......all winter I've had multiple blowers on Craigslist and Facebook...with only sporadic hits. Yesterday afternoon and today, over 30 hits. I've been selling blowers like crazy since yesterday. This happens every year......no one needs a blower unless there is a major storm predicted....the thing I like though is no one dickers on price....or is even picky, as long as it starts and runs.

·
Registered
267 Posts
......... This happens every year......no one needs a blower unless there is a major storm predicted....the thing I like though is no one dickers on price....or is even picky, as long as it starts and runs.......

Ha...That's the beauty of capitalism, baby! Invest in something and wait for the perfect time to sell.

I think I've seen your ads Cranman.
Nothing like an 8-14 inch blizzard (for our region, south of Boston, North of the Cape) to motivate people to buy something.....anything, just so they don't have to shovel. :surprise:

Just did a quick check of both of my machines. Both started right up.They're gassed up and on my covered patio, ready to go. Usually, the more prepared I am, the less snow we get, and vice versa.....lol. :blowerhug:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I luv it! People are such procrastinators on stuff like this. Are the stores generally sold out now?

If you can't get it sold now, you probably won't !!

:smiley-char060: It looks like NWS has bumped us to 12" - 18"

Enjoy, and be safe out there !!

·
Registered
772 Posts
It make me chuckle.......all winter I've had multiple blowers on Craigslist and Facebook...with only sporadic hits. Yesterday afternoon and today, over 30 hits. I've been selling blowers like crazy since yesterday. This happens every year......no one needs a blower unless there is a major storm predicted....the thing I like though is no one dickers on price....or is even picky, as long as it starts and runs.
yep who knew. i guess most people dont plan for anything more then a week out.

·
Premium Member
4,993 Posts
what your blower of choice to sell in mass?

last winter during a storm i posted a video on a blower i had for sale and it sold within 15 minutes. had 3 other people waiting to see if first guy bought it.

he did not haggle either. kind of wished i sold it for more.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Here the home depots run out of ariens units after the first storm. Used blowers that are beat are going for $500+ so a lot of people buy new.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone has a different vision what they like....mostly CHEAP...and shiny....I like the Ariens best....but if they want Yardman, Husqvarna, or Craftsman.....who am I to argue. I fix what ever I find that will be profitable.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Same with repairs. Just had someone call me and want an over the phone diagnosis and walk through repair job, because he doesn't have enough time to drop it off. I was on a latter fixing a frozen gutter. Felt kind of bad, but told him to youtube it. Storm has been predicted since last week, and he decides to test the blower 8 hours before the storm. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Those are the best customers.

They have no bargaining power and they'll take what they can get.

I will say though, that it's a great sales tool to have a foot of snow in your back yard and you show them the snowblower working well...and YOU know and THEY know that more snow is on the way.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I guess I fall into this category. Bought my Ariens 926LE this past Sunday, no impending storm though. Working on the carb now, should be ready for the light snow coming Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I had my 69 Ariens in Craigslist since October. Refresh the ad yesterday and had 5 calls on it. first guy bought it

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got a text from a customer at 9:34pm last night asking if I could look at his snowblower that wouldn't start. I forwarded the text I sent him a month ago saying I should look at his equipment and he responded not now. Oh well, enjoy working out those biceps with your shovel my friend. I'll be busy this weekend!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Offered a few friends thinking about a blower a month back, Well get a text yesterday "Hey when can I pick up that blower?" UMMM That was sold a week ago along with everything else that was done being repaired, None left to sell. Why do friends think you'll just sit on machines until they are ready. I sell to make room for the next one coming in, Not storing them for people.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Sold a machine yesterday that I had up for a week only to find it back on CL for a few hundred more than my selling price, good luck buddy.

·
Premium Member
4,993 Posts
I got a text from a customer at 9:34pm last night asking if I could look at his snowblower that wouldn't start. I forwarded the text I sent him a month ago saying I should look at his equipment and he responded not now. Oh well, enjoy working out those biceps with your shovel my friend. I'll be busy this weekend!
you could probably have doubled your fees and he would have paid. no, knowing people , he would have claimed gouging.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sold a machine yesterday that I had up for a week only to find it back on CL for a few hundred more than my selling price, good luck buddy.
that has happend to me before as well. i dont try to get every cent i can out of blowers i try to sell them fast and for a fair price.

people that do that dont do it regularly enough to know its not going to fly. i might work 1 or 2 times but consistently your not going to sell at super high prices maybe when a storm is coming he will get lucky.

·
Registered
902 Posts
which one was this? is the "new" ad still up?

Its for a HS828, the new ad is still up and he is asking $1499 for it. He is using my old pictures from my ad with two of his own pictures plus some pictures of an HS928 :doh:

I am not bothered at all as I got what I thought was a fair market value for the machine including the time and money I had invested into it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Geeze.... I've got a Toro 1800 Electric Snowblower in the garage collecting dust. Only used it a handful of times to clear my deck. Found it easier to just shovel the deck instead.

Maybe I'll throw the Toro on Craigslist and see if it generates a few hits.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts

i would have done it but charged triple labor

1 - 20 of 24 Posts