6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it wasn't snow but wind and here's what happened to my neighbors house

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
her upper inclosed porch is destroyed, power, cable and phone lines are down, blew out the window in her den and the tree took out part of the fence between our property. the tree got the awning over my den and blew out a storm window at my house

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow what a mess. Hope no one got hurt and it isn't to hard fixing it up.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i happy to report that she is unharmed. when i took those pic's she and her daughter came over and took some pic from my yard. hope her insurance people get on this right away

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Good to hear no one was hurt. Bad as it looks, easier to fix things than people. Hope the insurance deal goes easily and quickly for you.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to hear no one was hurt. Bad as it looks, easier to fix things than people. Hope the insurance deal goes easily and quickly for you.
i'm not going to bother wit the insurance co. for the awning and window but i hope her insurance co. is good to her. there is a resale shop about 10 minutes from my house, i'll start going there and look for an awning. i'll take the strom window out and get them to the shop for replacement when it warms up some

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is waht my neighbors yard looks like today, what a difference a day makes

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well that tree chopped up nicely. Anyone have a wood stove?

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Sorry to see this damage William. Happy nobody got hurt. That old tree has been dead quite a while it looks like. Shame it came down the way it did but things could always be worse. Count your blessings.

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Glad to hear no one got hurt, that could have been bad. Just for the record, I hate dealing with insurance companies. We had those tornados here last year and there are people still trying to get the insurance issues worked out.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to see this damage William. Happy nobody got hurt. That old tree has been dead quite a while it looks like. Shame it came down the way it did but things could always be worse. Count your blessings.
i know i was lucky that very little damage was done to my house but my neighbor on the other side of me has a large dieing tree in her yard that hangs over my garage. last summer during a a rain storm with high winds part of her tree broke loose and hit the back of her house. there is a dent on the roof of my thunderbird from the tree but no other damage. this tree now has a gaping hole in the trunk where the piece you see laying upagainst the house landed. this tree is going to fall and when it does i hope it falle away from the houses, its much more of a danger to me than the tree that fell

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wow....Glad everyone is ok and fast tree cutting and porch removal as well.
As others have said property is fixable...people are not.

We had a tree like that between our house and my neighbors(looking ready to fall) so we got some quotes and we split the cost...especially if not a pine it is cheaper to remove...more profit for them. Maybe discuss with your neighbor...???

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the tree is on her property, right in the middle of her back yard and she isn't the friendliest of people so i keep my conversations with her to a minimum. last year when the guy came out and cut the part of the tree that was on her house and all over her yard he told her the tree needed to coome downand she has done nothing. i just hope that when it comes down that if any damage is done its to her property.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts