Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a freebie little Lawn Boy 522 ... looks to be a nice flip .... Anyone know of an easy paint rattle can match for this weird green?

Tire Wheel Window Automotive tire Grass

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Grabber Green from Duplicolor is close enough (you can find it at the typical chain auto parts stores like Advance Auto).

DE1641 is the part number.

I've had to touch up almost every staggered-deck Lawn Boy mower that have come into my possession. The left side is always scuffed up.

Here's how they usually look when I get them:

Wheel Tire Lawn mower Mower Green

And here's how they typically look when they leave me:

Lawn mower Wheel Mower Motor vehicle Green

Wheel Tire Lawn mower Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Lawn mower Product Automotive tire

It's close enough that I can get away with scuffing up the damaged area with a wire wheel and then hit the deck with a partial respray.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
As mentioned Dupli color Grabber Green is the closest colour match according to the experts on most Lawn Boy forums.

I think the Grabber Green is a very close match to the original green on my Lawn Boy mower I restored. However I had to do an entire respray because most of the original paint was gone.

That little 522 is basically a Toro painted green, looks to be in decent overall condition.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, nice machine ... I put on a new friction disc I had in stock, freed up the carb, lubed and adjusted everything .... now doing some prep and paint ..... the Grabber Green by Dupli-color is lighter than what this unit is, but I'll probably tape it off in a straight line, and stripe between the colors ..., as if it was meant to be that way. :)

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back in the day, we would call that candy apple green .. a lot of motorcycles were painted in candy apple green and red, etc... ....

This little lawn boy 522 looks great, and now that I painted it all, and went through everything, I think I am keeping it, as I always sell these little ones, and then regret it when a light snow comes along, and I want a lightweight unit to fly around with.

Boy , I wish it was snowing now ... lol .... this heat wave in the 90's gets old quick ... :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Back in the day, we would call that candy apple green .. a lot of motorcycles were painted in candy apple green and red, etc... ....

This little lawn boy 522 looks great, and now that I painted it all, and went through everything, I think I am keeping it, as I always sell these little ones, and then regret it when a light snow comes along, and I want a lightweight unit to fly around with.

Boy , I wish it was snowing now ... lol .... this heat wave in the 90's gets old quick ... :)
Shhhh don't say the S word.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update .... all back together ... works great, .... oil change, new paint, new friction disc, I made new poly skids .. :)

side note: after all back together it started weeping slightly from the governor shaft when warmed up... I thought that strange, must be a slight pressure issue in the block ... my first inclination was to look in the breather tube, and low and behold, a mud wasp had taken up residence, blocking the entire tube ... cleaned all the dried mud out, and now dry as a bone, no more oil weep anywhere .... :)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
709 Posts
Update .... all back together ... works great, .... oil change, new paint, new friction disc, I made new poly skids .. :)

side note: after all back together it started weeping slightly from the governor shaft when warmed up... I thought that strange, must be a slight pressure issue in the block ... my first inclination was to look in the breather tube, and low and behold, a mud wasp had taken up residence, blocking the entire tube ... cleaned all the dried mud out, and now dry as a bone, no more oil weep anywhere .... :)

View attachment 197473
You got the touch!! Looks better than new

1 - 13 of 13 Posts