Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a freebie little Lawn Boy 522 ... looks to be a nice flip .... Anyone know of an easy paint rattle can match for this weird green?

Tire Wheel Window Automotive tire Grass

• Love
Reactions: Eyeboltman

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, nice machine ... I put on a new friction disc I had in stock, freed up the carb, lubed and adjusted everything .... now doing some prep and paint ..... the Grabber Green by Dupli-color is lighter than what this unit is, but I'll probably tape it off in a straight line, and stripe between the colors ..., as if it was meant to be that way. :)

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back in the day, we would call that candy apple green .. a lot of motorcycles were painted in candy apple green and red, etc... ....

This little lawn boy 522 looks great, and now that I painted it all, and went through everything, I think I am keeping it, as I always sell these little ones, and then regret it when a light snow comes along, and I want a lightweight unit to fly around with.

Boy , I wish it was snowing now ... lol .... this heat wave in the 90's gets old quick ... :)

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update .... all back together ... works great, .... oil change, new paint, new friction disc, I made new poly skids .. :)

side note: after all back together it started weeping slightly from the governor shaft when warmed up... I thought that strange, must be a slight pressure issue in the block ... my first inclination was to look in the breather tube, and low and behold, a mud wasp had taken up residence, blocking the entire tube ... cleaned all the dried mud out, and now dry as a bone, no more oil weep anywhere .... :)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts