Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all

1st post~

I have a new to me Insight 33005. I picked it up cheap this summer and now I am seeing why, i'm afraid.

- Barely throws snow 3 feet.
- Any snow builds up in front and it just stops throwing out the chute. and shakes pretty badly.
- If shut off will not restart until it's cold again.

I was thinking coil on the starting issue, knowing lawnboy coils will give up hot 1st before totally failing
- but this is a 2 stroke Duraforce a new animal to me.

Any insight (pun intended) on the lack of snow throwing and hot start issues would be welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Alex

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Check to see if you have an damage to coil wire and ground wire. If it's in good shape most likely it's a coil.

As far as the shaking. Most likey a worn belt or the augers are out of balance.

How much snow were you trying to move? Those small machines IMO can only handle 5" or less.

Welcome and good luck.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Welcome to SBF lexefx. The lack of throwing distance could be a worn or slipping drive belt along with the paddles being worn. Toro\Lawnboy paddles have a wear indicator hole punched into them about 3/8" from the edge on one side. If you can fit a finger between the paddle edge and the blower housing, the paddles are worn and should be replaced along with the scraper bar.

The vibration could be because of the worn paddles or a bearing on one or both sides of the rotor

If the motor continues to run until you decide to shut it off, I wouldn't think the coil is overheating and quitting causing the no restart until cold. Check for spark if it won't restart when hot, if you have spark, the coil is good and you have a fuel delivery or compression problem.

I "think" this is the engine service manual. https://www.toro.com/getpub/13300

Reactions: lexefx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey y'all

1st post~

I have a new to me Insight 33005. I picked it up cheap this summer and now I am seeing why, i'm afraid.

- Barely throws snow 3 feet.
- Any snow builds up in front and it just stops throwing out the chute. and shakes pretty badly.
- If shut off will not restart until it's cold again.

I was thinking coil on the starting issue, knowing lawnboy coils will give up hot 1st before totally failing
- but this is a 2 stroke Duraforce a new animal to me.

Any insight (pun intended) on the lack of snow throwing and hot start issues would be welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Alex
Try replacing the paddles to improve throwing performance. They do wear out overtime. A new coil should fix your starting issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts