Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you have seen my Sno-Tek 24 thread know I picked it up with a seemingly locked up engine, Well I did NOT just toss it after I put a replacement engine on, I started taking it apart. What I found strange is I could turn it over with a breaker bar on the starter cup nut but I heard what sounded like rusty steel rubbing, This thing is mostly aluminum.... Right??? So I got the shield off (yes a puzzle but not near what the PowerMore engines are)and right away seen the issue, Pulled the starter cup off and then the flywheel and this was the issue, NO CLUE how in *%!! the OP did this but WOW, The starter gear which is supposed to be attached to the flywheel was broke clean off and snapped and stretched. But anyway I put the flywheel back on and the engine turns over nicely as it should with NO strange noises. Could just put it on without the starter gear but NAAAA I like the electric start so found a flywheel with he exact setup for the fan and starter cup with one exception, It has the coil included. Seems I get a LOT of recycled Husqvarna parts lol. So now I will be looking for a machine in need of a 208cc and will add a headlight. Should make a nice machine for someone. Now just to find the right machine. Flywheel should be here by the end of the week then see if I can get all the covers back on without any spare parts LOL

Thought there may be a missing part but no, That is just a clean break and broken, Wonder if they tried to engage starter when it was already running?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts