Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have this starter for a Husquvarna. The price is $260. I have found one for $62, rebuilt. The part that is broken on the one I have is the small gear on the motor. The rest of the starter is like new.

Now here's the question, since all I need is the small gear on the starter, why can't I just buy any old LCT starter, and change the bendix gear to match the flywheel, and the nose cone, to match the mounting on the engine ? The motor and small gear should be the same on all of them.

Or, depending on how hard that small gear is to get off, just swap out that small gear? I don't know what it takes to get that gear off. I have to assume it's difficult because it can't slip.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Is this the starter you are working with?? I have not been able to find parts for these either. BUT there are plenty of wrecks out there that still have good starters on them. I have a small pile of them. The bodies do look the same, although I have not had the time or pleasure to see if swapping the nose cones are replaceable. If you saw a rebuildable starter, Maybe contact that company and see if they will sell you the parts you need?? Somebody must have them.

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/110v-starter-for-toro-snowblower-w-lct-engine-1acqd170d-119-1952.html?mrkgcl=1145&mrkgadid=3209329535&product_id=SCH0059&adpos=1o1&creative=194904876629&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIltmP64_N3wIVhMDICh3OBg0ZEAQYASABEgJwJvD_BwE

GLuck, Jay

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Try bringing it to a starter and generator auto repair.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Roberts Rebuilding in Saddle Brook is excellent. I was thinking of going to them.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this the starter you are working with?? I have not been able to find parts for these either. BUT there are plenty of wrecks out there that still have good starters on them. I have a small pile of them. The bodies do look the same, although I have not had the time or pleasure to see if swapping the nose cones are replaceable. If you saw a rebuildable starter, Maybe contact that company and see if they will sell you the parts you need?? Somebody must have them.

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/110v-starter-for-toro-snowblower-w-lct-engine-1acqd170d-119-1952.html?mrkgcl=1145&mrkgadid=3209329535&product_id=SCH0059&adpos=1o1&creative=194904876629&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIltmP64_N3wIVhMDICh3OBg0ZEAQYASABEgJwJvD_BwE

GLuck, Jay

Will you sell me one out of your pile? I'll try the nose cone switch. I don't even need a working one, as I just need the small gear that is on the motor output, which is probably all the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts