Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Ariens 11526 DLE 924 series With the Tec OHV engine and the blower is in great as is the paint BUT I’m having a issue with the engine, suspect the governor but have some extra toy money from snow blower sales so thought hmm a 414cc would go nicely. Well anyhow I’m wondering if anyone knows how the mounting holes may line up between the engines, I’m thinking they may but hoped someone will know for sure. Will have a thread when the swap happens.

Oh for those wondering, could I fix the Tec? There is no question I could and plan to but have the spare money and well, I LIKE big engines lol This blower is going to stay mine so modded is good with me, Also plan to play with pulley sizes at some point too.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I think the engine bolt holes are more like the big Brigg's,but that said, I haven't even opened the box on my 414 cc......hoping to this year LOL....

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I never even bother with that issue as nothing EVER LINES UP !!!

Cut studs off flush or if that model has the predrilled engine baseplate and the two removable stud plates .. just remove the little screws and drop down the stud plates into the friction wheel area.
You might even luck out and some of the predrilled holes will lineup to new engine.

For me the most important thing is to have crankshaft be in the correct position for pulleys to line up. Every swap brings it's own challenges, embrace them..... and Conquer !!!

You have my private info, let me know if your needing a different or bigger hammer :wink2: to get your project done !!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL Thank you Shaw, Engine might be in today but debating holding off starting the project as I’m looking at buying a new house so moving a put together blower may be easier than lots of parts to lose, That 1027 you helped me fix is still going strong so won’t be without a strong blower but this one will be a beast.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Dauntae I recently did a used repower on a simplicity machine that had a blown 8HP Briggs and Stratton, I replaced it with a 10HP Tecumseh. Two differences were the base plate bolt patterns were different and the Tecumseh was about an inch shorter to centerline of the crankshaft.
Here's what I did to keep the machine belts the same, and so that next owner can get factory belts from the machine model number. Made some riser plates to make the Tecumseh crankshaft height the same the old Briggs, then bolted them to the machine through existing holes. Worked out perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts