Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reassembling the auger into the blower housing on an Ariens 926124. Having a problem lining up the bearing flange bolts (on the auger drive shaft) to the blower housing. There must be a trick to this.

The simplest thing I would think is to remove the ball bearing that holds this bearing flange on the shaft. Anyone know what is required and how to remove the ball bearing?

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
DDo you mean part #25 sandwiched between #38 and #23?

Best I can tell you is the flat sides go up and the bearing sits in the middle. Center the bearing in the hole of the bucket hole, the flange with the suds comes from the inside of the bucket, the flange with holes comes from the outside back of the bucket over the studs and then secure with the nuts. One flange on each side of the auger bucket. You may need to rubber mallet the bearing into the hole to start, but the flanges will center it when tightened.
I couldn't find your model number on Ariens, but this schematic should be close its for 926xxx series models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. This is helpful. The bearing isn't pressed on the shaft, right? Should just slide. Think I'll need some penetrating oil to loosen up the bearing.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Pretty Easy. With auger assembly out of the housing, Knock out the old bearing with a Large Hammer. You now have a 1 1/2 inch hole. From the inside of the housing, place the inner bearing retainer in the 3 locating holes. Now, put one nut on the retainer on the other side to hold it in place. Now position the auger/impeller assembly, and assemble the side bearings and tighten. (The impeller shaft will go easily through the hole with No Bearing in Place.) Now, place the new bearing on the impeller shaft, and tap it into place. Carefully remove the one nut holding the inner bearing support, and line up the outer bearing support, and install the 3 nuts....Easy as Pie!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts