Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The tracks are ordered from China but because it's the Chinese New Year everything over there shuts down for a couple of weeks. I hope to see them sometime mid February. I have some parts coming from Japan for the auger gearbox that should be here tomorrow. I'll have that back together this weekend. Pictures soon!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got some parts from Wado in Japan yesterday. Three day shipping cost the same as shipping from New York to California. I got a new impeller and the coupler that connects the main shaft to the auger gear box, and a few other small parts. The auger gear box on the new machines is the same as the one on my 1988 model. Mine is a Yanmar but it was actually made by Wado. The keyway slot in the coupler was not happy and the bushings in the impeller where it rides on the main shaft were a bit wallowed out. There is a chain that rides in the auger gear box that drives the top auger. The tensioner slide was not flipped up against the adjusting bolt where its supposed to be so the chain was just riding on the bolt. It was ready to destroy the entire gear box. So I am resealing the gear box and putting in a new chain and adjusting bolt with the tensioner slide in the proper position.Kinda fun taking it apart to figure out how everything works and putting it back together the way it's supposed to be. Here is a couple of pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I used pieces of HDPE plastic to restore the wear in my impeller blades on my Wado. Has held up well, but taken its toll on the new paint job inside the impeller housing. Worth mentioning my impeller rotates the opposite direction of yours (and most other snow blowers).

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I was worried that the degraded fax quality of the pages I sent you would make it difficult to be useful. Looks like I was right as I can't tell where this chain tensioner lives or how it works.
Thanks Del, I actually got some pages from my new Japanese friend at Wado named Jugo! He sent me the parts drawings and part numbers and sent me what I needed. The chain tensioner is actually part of the upper auger gear box, number 5 in your parts breakdown. I'll get some better photos for you. I'm basically writing my own service manual cuz I can't seem to get one. Take it apart, figure out how it works and what isn't right, correct the problems, reassemble!! What could go wrong??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
In this picture you can see the chain tensioner in the wrong position. It is supposed to be flipped up with that flat pad sitting against the adjusting bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've been messing around with this thing while waiting for my tracks. They are coming from China so I hope the Woo Flu doesn't mess up my shipping too bad. So I put a new impeller on it and what does every impeller want, a nice set of impeller flaps !! The clearances were probably on the short side of 3/16" but I think every snowblower should have impeller flaps. I also converted my chute rotate from a manual crank, to an electric control since this blower has a real 12 volt dc electrical system. I want to make sure this has all the goodies before I sell it to Mark !!:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
All you need to do now is remove the two stage snow blower and replace it with an MK Martin 48 inch single stage and you will have a real drag racing machine as the single stage snow blower rotor on it can spin up to 700 RPM.

You would need to do a bit of machine shop work and some welding to make a winch mounting plate and then you can double or triple your tonnage per hour with simple sprocket changes.

It would not take much work to mount the three point hitch on the hydraulic lift of the snow blower and machine a small
PTO propeller shaft with universal joints and female yokes to match up with the drive end mount of the engine and the 540 RPM gearbox of the single stage snow blower.

·
Retired Moderator
10,364 Posts
I want to make sure this has all the goodies before I sell it to Mark !!:wink2:
Made me laugh.
IT"S NOT FUNNY !! I want that thing I just can't afford it :crying:
I need to find a beat up one I can put my sweat equity in. I truly don't need it or one like it but I sure want one.
I've been looking but they are like hens teeth.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts