Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Yea right, $500 bucks without the original tank. Maybe this is another Museum Piece price. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
that tank looks like its ready to fall off

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
That is what I call overpriced. $250 to $300 if running well. Not like it is in mint condition and the lawn mower gas tank looks really bad on the machine. Original most likely rusted out.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts

should look like this scott

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I don't really understand what we are looking at here..the large engine cover looks original, paint matches, although I have never seen a cover like that on a Toro before..and yes, the gas tank is very odd..but why? Anyone have any photos of what this is supposed to look like?
the guy put a new style gas tank on there. where as it should have been the shoe box style in metal or plastic. if you get my train of thought.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: the guy jerry rigged the new style BRIGGS fuel tank on there.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Well, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this. Maybe the guy just didn't have the means to do it right or maybe h couldn't find the correct tank. Believe me Ive seen lots worse rigging. Price is crazy though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this. Maybe the guy just didn't have the means to do it right or maybe h couldn't find the correct tank. Believe me Ive seen lots worse rigging. Price is crazy though.
I think thats the point they are trying make. You can't ask top $ for a jerry rigged machine. If they do that kind of work on the outside, what's the inside of the engine like?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Someone used what was available. Not sure why he didn't use a plastic Tecumseh tank and some large ty wraps though, you can find those things anywhere for next to nothing and they more or less fit. Or an '87+ Briggs & Stratton tank for that style engine which is plastic.

·
Registered
864 Posts
my Gilson Unitrol had a rotted out tank. so many holes it could not be fixed. I put a $10 Tecumseh metal tank on it from an HM80, because the Briggs tank is hard to find locally, and the ones on Ebay cost as much as what I paid for the machine. no big deal. the straps actually fit it.

he could have at least put it on there straight...but ?? hey, it's only a snowblower ?

what I'd like to know in the pic is, what that thing hanging down from the left handle bar ?? :confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I might just have to go look this thing, after all I live minutes away from it's location. I was really hoping it was a rare blower and he had it grossly under priced, after seeing it and reading the post I was quickly corrected in my thinking.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I paid $175 for my toro 826 and $25 of that was a tip cause I got a flat on the way to the guys house. he came out to where I was stranded took the tire and had it plugged

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Uh Oh, he might be amongst us and heard us talking smack about his machine. Sorry. :eek:

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Uh Oh, he might be amongst us and heard us talking smack about his machine. Sorry. :eek:
It is a small world. Not everyone is perfect.

That's all I'm saying on this thread.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts