Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I am looking for a newer chute for my John Deere 1032 snow blower. This model was made in the 70s or 80s and has a short chute.( My model 1032 in left picture short chute) (new model tall chute in right picture) I would like to try and mount a tall chute. The od of the chute must be greater 5.750 Thanks Aypsears

Attachments

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I have a 1032 also and the downside is the short chute. Also the handlebars are weak for such a heavy machine and need to be reinforced.

I think a longer chute is going to be difficult to find thus expensive. I plan to cut mine and weld a piece in.

·
Banned
267 Posts
Hi there I am looking for a newer chute for my John Deere 1032 snow blower. This model was made in the 70s or 80s and has a short chute.( My model 1032 in left picture short chute) (new model tall chute in right picture) I would like to try and mount a tall chute. The od of the chute must be greater 5.750 Thanks Aypsears
Your older John Deere machines were built by Ariens. You can buy the taller chutes that were built on the 90's Ariens machines for your John Deere machines. They have the 15.5 tall chutes and then the deflector on top. They also made one taller chute like the one in the photo below. That chute is around 20 tall and will also work for your machine if you want the real tall one. You can contact - on here he has those taller chute. Their orange and will have to be repainted green but those are the chutes that are taller and will work for your machines. Good luck. I just upgraded my 1971 Ariens machines with taller chutes. Makes a **** of a difference.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I believe his machine was made by John Deere. It's older than 1991 when Ariens and Murray started making them.

·
Banned
267 Posts
I believe his machine was made by John Deere. It's older than 1991 when Ariens and Murray started making them.
Ariens made the JD's in the 70's and again in the 90's early 2000's. If you look closely at those two generations, they are basically green Ariens machine's. The top photo is a mid to late 70's JD the second one was 90's. Ariens also built Bolens machines in the 70's and cub cadets in the late 60's early 70's. They made a snowblower for one other that I know for sure but I cant remember right now. Its all on Scots Ariens info site.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Be careful of how the chute is rotated, some are not just bolt on due to where the rotation attachment is located. See the thread on my 24" bucket project, was a bit of work to get it proper.

Aypsears.... if your machine is indeed like the shorter one you posted, an older ariens chute will bolt on, like yshsfan posted up.

Or find a tall chute because it is an easy cut and weld job, and you will have to paint after retrofitting to your ring gear.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
I think there are three chute sizes on older Ariens

You want to get the very tall chute to get the best performance in throwing distance.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts