Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate the value of older, well built, equipment as I own a 1980 TroyBuilt rototiller -truly a wonderfully constructed and robust machine - which makes me smile every time I use it. Alas, the name remains, but the manufacturing has gone to China, and with it the quality.
Knowing that Ariens of yesteryear were workhorses and very well built I am trying to find out which models are worth considering. Parts availability is also a concern. Regarding the terrain, the snowblower will be used on an unpaved surface.
Thanks,

Bruce

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
i would try to find a 10000 series or 924000 series 24 inch ariens, those machines are excellent quality. if you are looking for a 32 inch snowblower, i would look for a 924000 series ariens only. almost every part is readily available at your local dealership or online, and millions if not more of them were made so there are plenty of parts machines cheap and readily available. they last a lifetime without needing much work. hardly anything to go wrong on them

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
There's a lot of great old robust snowblowers, the problem is, getting parts and then at what price. Quality and parts availability is why Ariens is recommended.

I've acquired a mid 1975 Yardman Snowbird that is a old robust machine, well built, solid, a out front bare auger, but parts availability is very questionable. I'm going to use it only for EOD after plow snow.

The real original John Deere snowbowers are a great well built machine with a cast iron gearbox but parts availability is becoming slim and expensive as you have to go through a John Deere dealer for some.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
wow that seems like a steal, even if the snowblowers themselves are junk you will make 150 per used hm80 and make some pretty easy money, 300 per blower if the chassis's are in good condition

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I'm a fan of all the older Ariens, but the 924 series with the big wheels would be the ones to look at. They have the more modern safety features but the old time quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts