Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the snowblower I used as a kid in the neighborhood. My dad bought it one day without mom's consent. She was ready for divorce. Three hundred and fifty dollars was a lot of money in 1970. After the old guy got a new one with electric start I became the owner of this tank like compact snowblower. For eleven years it has been the place to pile on 700 feet of extension cords, moving blankets and old dirty hoodies.
It hasn't run in a long time. The recent passing of the original owner, my dad the Sarge, drew me to his "ariens".
He'd be proud to know it's in useful condition and of use. That's the kind of guy that the Sarge was. Did the sidewalk from corner to corner, and help you finish your driveway for a beer in exchange.

What do y'all think? Is this the Sarge? I don't wanna repaint, give up fifty years of character.

·
Registered
938 Posts
welcome, and great story, Keep that machine running.

tx

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Welcome, love the story and I'm sure the Sarge has a big smile on his face right now.
Machine is in great condition, don't repaint it. Soap and water and a wax job is all that machine needs. It appears the carb heater box is off the machine, hope you still have it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome aboard from Maine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts