Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this time I have an Ariens walk behind with tractor wheels as my second choice for the driveway of my new house (see attached). The driveway is 130 ft long with a large turn-around area. I would rather have something that can push a snow blower (like a John Deer lawn tractor), but I don't want to spend more that $5 or $6K. The Deer 2 stage snow blower is great, but I do not need the lawn tractor (no lawn to mow). I live in the mountains in Montana where there is lots of snow, 8 months out of the year. I'm rethinking the walk behind, because of how long it might take to so the whole driveway. Any recommendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Lawn tractors aren’t built to push the weight of snow. The transmission usually fails. Perhaps an ATV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's also the reason I only want a snowblower attachment. I did have one when I lived in Wisconsin and it worked great. But then I used the tractor in the summer to mow the yard.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
That's also the reason I only want a snowblower attachment. I did have one when I lived in Wisconsin and it worked great. But then I used the tractor in the summer to mow the yard.
Garden tractor not a lawn tractor. Good used items usually on Craigslist or Letgo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts