Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a craftsman 11.5/ 30. I got it second hand and have been using it for the last 2 years, but it wasn't kept up on maintenance very well until I got it. It needed some work so I dug into it and realized it needs much more work than expected. A lot of play in auger gear housing and shavings inside. Augers are seized solid on the shaft, ect.. It is 12 yrs old and parts are hard to find now and pretty expensive, and to me it's not really worth sinking hundreds of dollars into. I've been looking into the new Toro powermax HD 926 OXE. Does anybody have any experience with these. My father In-law has one (I got the craftsman from him) and I was quite impressed with the capabilities of this machine. Any insight would be great

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
seeing that your father in- law has one why not ask him, he's got some hands on experience with the machine you are looking to get

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im looking for multiple experiences. And what they are like to work on and how dependable. He only had his the last 2 months of winter. And from lack of maintenance that was done on the last one its no good asking him in this one. Asking one person how a machine runs from one machine dont count for the thousands others that are out there

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
the new TORO'S will do a great job. but if u don't want to spend a lot look for a older TORO. parts are still around I personally think the older one's are better anyway.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have looked for used. But there is not much around me. And to be honest I don't have much luck with used and I'm a stickler on maintenance being a mechanic myself, and not knowing the full history irritates me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts