Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our weather forecast for Sat. This will be our heaviest snowfall this winter. Nothing like the northeast has been hit with but still..... I'm the only guy I know who has a two stage blower, except for the old guy next door who got one of those cheap red things from Lowe's a month or two past. :rolleyes: Anyway, here's what we're supposed to get.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
now you can test the snow-tek and the 521 in some deep snow

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now you can test the snow-tek and the 521 in some deep snow
The 521 had a fairly good workout a few times last year. I'm very pleased with it. I don't believe I ever used it before installing tne Clarence kit. It does a fine job. Still haben't put the drift bars on... No need to yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
The 521 had a fairly good workout a few times last year. I'm very pleased with it. I don't believe I ever used it before installing tne Clarence kit. It does a fine job. Still haben't put the drift bars on... No need to yet.
put the drift bars on and hand tighten the bolts so you can post, take a couple pic's and post them for the guys

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
put the drift bars on and hand tighten the bolts so you can post, take a couple pic's and post them for the guys
I'll do it if it warms up. Too dang cold out now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Too cold out and roof problems abound around here , so you guys can have it all now, we have too much at the moment :(

Wish it would stop for a couple weeks and get warm enough to melt some of it off :cool:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
!HEAVY SNOW.

That just might mean the snow will be mixed with rain & you won't get a lot, you will just get "Heavy" snow.:p

At least where I am, that is all I have got this year. :rolleyes:
I get 5 inches and right at the end it turns to rain, and of course the rain part has to be at 2 am when everyone is sleeping.

I hope you get what you want to play in the snow.
I hope it is over by Monday, I got to run to Carlisle.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I'll do it if it warms up. Too dang cold out now.
i know what you mean, its been too cold here to put the armor skids on the new 521

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really don't think we're going to get much a'tall. But, I'm going to put the chains on the truck anyway. You never know..
I wonder how many people still use chains on their cars and trucks? My truck is only 2WD. I'm not spending another few grand for the convenience of pushing a button or pulling a lever to use something only once or twice a year. I can put chains on in just a few minutes.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I really don't think we're going to get much a'tall. But, I'm going to put the chains on the truck anyway. You never know..
I wonder how many people still use chains on their cars and trucks? My truck is only 2WD. I'm not spending another few grand for the convenience of pushing a button or pulling a lever to use something only once or twice a year. I can put chains on in just a few minutes.
I've never had a pickup truck and ford hasn't offered a 4wd van in ages so all my vans have been 2wd. the old goodyear wranglers were great in the snow. my last three vans have been gmc safari 2wd vans and I'm running / ran and traction hasn't been a problem. Dunlop radial rovers on the back of them. I think Michigan banned chains and studded tires back in the '70's

·
Registered
646 Posts
My neighbor at camp in the Adirondacks lives there year round. Only buys 2 wd pickups and uses tire chains ....a lot .

·
Registered
153 Posts
micah68kj were getting snow here in nw oh right now. hope you get more so you can put sno-tek to the test. I have one also and give a review on how it did. gayland

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
micah68kj were getting snow here in nw oh right now. hope you get more so you can put sno-tek to the test. I have one also and give a review on how it did. gayland
Weeellll....actually I am going to use my Toro 521. If this snow keeps up I may give the sno tek a whirl. I used the it once already and it did ok. All three blowers are sitting in the garage just waiting. I have the chains on now just in case of emergency with one of our older neighbors. Some of them are getting up there in age and I feel I need to be ready in case anything might happen. It's snowing pretty hard and it took me about 15 minutes to get the chains on. Usually it takes about 5-7 minutes.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Our weather forecast for Sat. This will be our heaviest snowfall this winter. Nothing like the northeast has been hit with but still..... I'm the only guy I know who has a two stage blower, except for the old guy next door who got one of those cheap red things from Lowe's a month or two past. :rolleyes: Anyway, here's what we're supposed to get.
Well it is about BLOODY TIME you got some action.:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
864 Posts
yeh we're supposed to get 3"-6" here in NEPA this weekend. looking forward to using the Snowbird with the new chains. wish I had chains for the Ariens 10ML35, I'd try that.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
wish I had chains for the Ariens 10ML35, I'd try that.
You could put hex head sheet metal screws in to the treads temporarily to test, until you decide on new tires and rims. :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You could put hex head sheet metal screws in to the treads temporarily to test, until you decide on new tires and rims. :confused:
+1 with the hex head screws.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It started here around 1 pm,
Got around an inch already, I got to go out later on in the dark.
Tonight it is supposed to turn to rain.

How it going out there? Coming down fairly good?

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
they said up to four inches but all we got doesn't amount to a dusting

·
Registered
725 Posts
"Heavy Snow" as used in a forecast does not describe the water content of the snowfall. Rather it denotes a certain number of inches per hour for a number of hours. This criteria varies regionally. What Memphis, TN may call heavy Snow may be a walk in the park (not a real term) in Buffalo, NY.

We're a couple of hours into a 4-6 inch snowfall that winds down in the dark of the overnight. Tomorrow we break freezing for a few glorious hours and then it's back into the deep freeze. They said this morning that we're on pace to log this month as the coldest month ever in Portland, ME. We may see mixing along the immediate coast, I'm about 8 miles from the ocean and hope to remain all frozen.

Pete

1 - 20 of 22 Posts