Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
My Sears/Murray is 48 yrs old and still working, and I do all the work myself, with the original engine, that speaks for a little education I hope. Just kidding.
Sid

For what it is worth The 212cc Predator manual says this about the Break in period:

A. Breaking in the Engine will help insure proper equipment and engine operation.
B. The operational break in period will last about 3 hours of use. During this period.
-do not apply a heavy load to the equipment
- do not operate the engine at maximum speed.
C. The maintenance break-in period will last about 20 hours of use. After this period Change the engine oil.

You always get some awkward wording due to translation.

For what it is worth The 212cc Predator manual says this about the Break in period:

A. Breaking in the Engine will help insure proper equipment and engine operation.
B. The operational break in period will last about 3 hours of use. During this period.
-do not apply a heavy load to the equipment
- do not operate the engine at maximum speed.
C. The maintenance break-in period will last about 20 hours of use. After this period Change the engine oil.

You always get some awkward wording due to translation.
I've always wondered what is the BEST way to break in a motor. Has anyone ever been around after they freshen up a motorcycle engine for road racing? See where I am going with this?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.