Snowblower Forum banner

Manual chute on Honda 928 is slipping

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  tabora 
#1 ·
My manual chute on an older Honda 928 is slipping when I get to a certain spot turning it left and right. I was wondering about what it would cost to get it fixed or is it something I could replace myself? I assume the gear on the chute, not the one that turns on the shaft, is the one that needs replacing, as some of the teeth seem shorter than the rest.

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Check that the bushings #16 in the diagram below are not worn. There is some adjustment possible with the bolt that holds the end of the shaft in place on the auger housing. Loosen nut #28 and make sure the gears are tightly meshed, then re-tighten.

#6 ·
what other have said. adjust that worm gear all the way in. I also have remove chute and filed the teeth better and that seemed to help among the worn out teeth.

#8 ·
hope the new chute works but seems to be pretty extreme. either that bushing as tabora mentioned is worn ( easy to replace) or adjust the worm gear in and/or file some of the short teeth.

I have even dremeled the slot in a little so that the worm gear has a tighter fit.

Have seen this problem many many times. all of the above has worked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.