Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to let everyone know that manualslib was hacked and
it froze my computer today and I ended up just unplugging and
restarting the computer to get it back.

Leon

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I was just browsing the manualslib.com site and had no issues whatsoever.

Seems like you might have had a pc issue. Restarting your pc first resolves many operating issues. Also check for system updates, as well as browser updates, such as for Edge, Firefox, etc....

You also want to be running an anti virus as well as periodically check for malware.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I think its worth noting here as well, that on older computers, (some new also), that when ram, power supplies, or graphics cards start going bad, you will experience system lockups and occasional blue screens. Many times this will correct itself with a re-boot.

Also if fans or heatsinks start going bad or failing, you will also experience these symptoms from overheating as well.

Computers are great when working, and can be a nightmare sometimes to diagnose when acting up.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I run a cooler pad, always did. Helps a lot to keep the laptop cool.
Preferably a metal pad with adjustable fans.
Heat is a computer killer.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you post or PM me the link that gave you trouble? Thanks.
===================================================================================

Hello Scott,

I went through microsoft bing and typed in www.manualslibrary.com
and typed in the ariens model number that the fellow mentioned here in the forum and the red page of microsoft doom popped up and gave me an 844 area code to call microsoft to unlock my computer.

I am using a new microsoft operating system from 2019

11:00 AM E.S.T.
We just had a guy take out a power pole across the road so the entire road from the city limits to the first cross roads going to be without power, internet or phone in a few minutes- he was swatting a bee/yellow jacket and he sheared the pol off and it landed on his van with the transformer and cross ties hanging off the end of the van. The only reason the line has not arced is because the tension of the 4KVA hot line and the neutral have kept it from rolling over and hitting the ground.

At least it's not the beginning of January when it was near zero for 2 weeks

I love these idiots.

Leon

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I run a cooler pad, always did. Helps a lot to keep the laptop cool.
Preferably a metal pad with adjustable fans.
Heat is a computer killer.
Periodically cleaning the computer heatsink, fan, and vents typically helps a lot more on older gear . . .

Wife had one that was shutting down . . . 15 mins later and a bit of canned air, and it's been stable for years.

(Sometimes, you may need to pull the CPU heatsink and clean and reapply heatsink compound . . . some mfg's get pretty cheap, and I've seen a few where the paste dried up resulting in overheating as well. Reapplication of compound and a good cleaning will drastically lower temps!)

On the virus thing, either prayer and an antivirus package, or dump Whinders and go to an OS that isn't a virus magnet . . . and NEVER work as a system admin!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
You also want to be running an anti virus as well as periodically check for malware.
the red page of microsoft doom popped up
I STRONGLY recommend installing Malwarebytes Browser Guard in all your browsers. I have installed it on thousands of PCs and it makes a huge difference by blocking the majority of compromised web sites. For Edge & Chrome, download it from the Chrome Web Store, and for Firefox through the Add-ons/Extensions menu. It doesn't stop every zero-day site, but it does a pretty decent job overall.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I tried the link above and got redirected to a page saying that the domain was for sale.
@leonz had the wrong link posted. It's actually [00000] and yes, it's been hacked.

[Edited out link to keep anyone from mischief]

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Russian hackers? :unsure::giggle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts