Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi
I am currently searching for auger bushing for my mastercraft snowblower in Canada. Mainly checking if it's worth it to change them.

looking for the main wheel bearing size too. Probably will go to my local industrial bearing distributor but i need the size if anyone knows

I bought this snowblower for 100$ and changed the carb and governor linkage. Greased everything up and got the speed selector moving smoothly.

Sold it for 125$ to my brother so if it's less than 75$ cad it would be worth to change them

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
how bad are the bushings that are currently on it? you should be able to find them for less than $75 since they are just plastic. 941-0245 is that part number. you could probably even replace them with bearings for under $75 if you felt that motivated. the wheels use bushings. if that machine is anything like the parts machine i got sitting around it should have brass wheel bushings. part number 741-0598 for those bushings. looks like the everything may have 3/4" shafts

·
Super Moderator
2,810 Posts
Not that familiar with that model machine but here's a thought. I have a thread on this forum on how I changed out bushings for roller bearings on the Searsasaurus. Might work for you if you don't find your bushings.
Good luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you! . the bushing are completely done. i can move the auger 1/4" up/down. The wheels are a bit better but still pretty done.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how bad are the bushings that are currently on it? you should be able to find them for less than $75 since they are just plastic. 941-0245 is that part number. you could probably even replace them with bearings for under $75 if you felt that motivated. the wheels use bushings. if that machine is anything like the parts machine i got sitting around it should have brass wheel bushings. part number 741-0598 for those bushings. looks like the everything may have 3/4" shafts
thank you! i am so confused i can't find the parts diagram probably because it was exclusively made for canadian tire. So you say they are no bearings but only bushing on the wheels?

Just trying to figure out where 941-0563 & 941-0309 go... may as well change everything while i'm at it

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
you can go to mtd's website and enter your model number/serial to get the manual. that is all i did to get the numbers. the diagrams in the manual are very poor quality but better than nothing.
941-0309 goes on the impeller shaft behind the pulley and 941-0563 goes on the shift shaft. you would possibly need two 941-0563 but personally i would pop the seals of the old ones if they still move and just re-grease them. i did that to 1 machine and it made it roll way nicer.

·
Super Moderator
2,810 Posts
thank you! . the bushing are completely done. i can move the auger 1/4" up/down. The wheels are a bit better but still pretty done.
By done do you mean repaired or crrapped out? If you've replaced them and have 1/4" movement, that's not good.
Just a comment.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you can go to mtd's website and enter your model number/serial to get the manual. that is all i did to get the numbers. the diagrams in the manual are very poor quality but better than nothing.
I cannot find it all i get is the snowking engine manual. it is very weird. thanks any ways, i will follow your recommendations . i will changer the main auger bearing since i already need to pull it appart.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh thanks! I was actually entering the 31AE... number.

Thanks again it will be easier to change everything with the parts diagram

1 - 12 of 12 Posts