Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Guy hasn't heard of shear pins obviously!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Funny it's description words consists of heavy duty, all steel,commercial/ rental duty,largest. Yet it is fairly new and out of commission.

·
Registered
646 Posts
His description is a copy / paste from the advertisement for the machine.
Does it have a 5" discharge chute or a 6" one :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Funny it's description words consists of heavy duty, all steel,commercial/ rental duty,largest. Yet it is fairly new and out of commission.
They don't all come out of the box running great and operating well. There are lemons across the spectrum of manufacturers. I wouldn't buy one of these but if it is maintained well and not subjected to too heavy use it would probably get the job done. $1500 is nuts. Maybe $400 at most and then he'd have to deliver it, fill it w/gas. Have a couple qts. of good oil, new set of spare belts and spare drive disc.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
They don't all come out of the box running great and operating well. There are lemons across the spectrum of manufacturers. I wouldn't buy one of these but if it is maintained well and not subjected to too heavy use it would probably get the job done.
i don't think you can use them at all without them breaking :D

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
That's only about one or two hundred less then what they sold for new.

This guy is selling one and it's not broken for $950 asking, and out on the east coast too !!

15 HP 36'' Stanley Commercial Snowblower

When Sears and the big box guys pull then from sales you know there was a problem.
I wonder where you go for parts or if you even can get parts ??

Interesting it's already had the coil and ignition switch replaced. :confused:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Probably figured out what a POS the machine is and is cutting his losses. And trying to minimize his losses with that asking price. Quite the optimist.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Guy hasn't heard of shear pins obviously!!!
Read his description, Coby. He says it's the gears and not a shear pin.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Read his description, Coby. He says it's the gears and not a shear pin.
He also said he is not mechanically inclined, one side works and he THINKS it is the gears. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
how is it worthless? it is just a shear pin most likely?
Edited....ok i looked at the ad again and yes the guy said its the gearbox and not the shear pin , so yes maybe not worth it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts