Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Hello to all the other snow removing terrorists.
I & and a partner have been at this from early 90's.
I did large commercial lots with the Ford 8000 with 4 tons of front & wing plows with ten tons of sand/salt on the back.

Of course grew up on the farm, where making repairs is what's left over in the bazaar hardware category.

Downsized now to a couple cats.
All bucket sizes, broom, plows for attachments.
I rebuild all the equipment on the fly.

I keep one at the shop for duty here, a rare side door JCB from 98.
He's my fav for one person chores with anything slung from the lift, and able to leave the cab at will
vs locked in like all Bobcats if the lift goes one inch off the ground.

Currently in progress of make over on a 8HP dual stage w/Tecumseh.
He's being Monster Garaged as we speak.
He was basically a freebee, but sat in storage 3 years.

Carb is ready to assemble.
The image I took of float bowl's green special sauce would of made a fine stain for some project.

I'm a huge noise killer when it comes to these type of engines regardless the application.
There's no reason to go deaf just because a little snow, or wake the neighbor 1/4 mile away.
So I throw the tin can that does nothing and modify a complete system to almost silent.
I do the same to rider mowers.

I'll shoot a few sound/video views a little bit later.

At 50 Something, I like to make it work my way.
All interior snow friction zones get full composite sheet bearing material. This reduces the HP to throwing it twice as far.
The auger gets ice chewing teeth for frozen snow pack.
No more bouncing off a pile or bars forcing you to your knees.

Darn Honda Half Tracks since day one rule when I worked for Honda as shop tech late 70's/80's. They perfected ice pack chewing, and flat tracking.

I'll update the process in next post.
We're really never ready for snow are we?
Cheers, and last winter was brutal.

·
Super Moderator
2,688 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As another Minnesotan, I have a Ford but it's only a F150 (vs 8000) and I don't haul that much weight or have wings but I can move some snow at home also. I'm pretty much ready for the crap whenever it decides to come though later is better than sooner. In fact I saw some of that stuff mixed with rain on the windshield during my morning commute, so it's on it's way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts