Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Nice Find ... I bookmarked the rebate form, as it is good for purchases from April 1st to Sept. 30 ... 5 quarts for just under 10.00 is a no brainer. I can see why they limit it to a quantity of 2.

Good time to stock up, as all my equipment, summer and winter get the Full Synthetic 5W30. That is what it should be, not overkill.

(y)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
$9.37 for 5 quarts! $1.85/qt, from Walmart with free shipping! What? I'm going for it. Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice Find ... I bookmarked the rebate form, as it is good for purchases from April 1st to Sept. 30 ... 5 quarts for just under 10.00 is a no brainer. I can see why they limit it to a quantity of 2.

Good time to stock up, as all my equipment, summer and winter get the Full Synthetic 5W30. That is what it should be, not overkill.

(y)
My LCT208 on my single stage blower has a capacity of 1/2qt (net cost is $1). In SE Pa we average probably 5-7 hr of snowblowing per winter season. 5 qts is enough for 10 winter seasons, unless I put on 20,000 miles. lol

Note: At a constant 60mph, it will take u 333 hrs to reach 20,000 miles.
Probably changing the LCT208's oil every other year is also ok too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$9.37 for 5 quarts! $1.85/qt, from Walmart with free shipping! What? I'm going for it. Thanks.
U can get free delivery when u buy 2 jugs. No reason to drive and pickup at Walmart.
Sometimes Walmart's 'finest morally challenged' customer return used oil as new oil and it goes back on the shelf. It is better to get delivery and check the Mobil 1 inner foil seals.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
@pat,

Yeah, with all the equipment I own, and all the equipment that comes through my garage "shop", I personally go through a lot of this stuff, as just about everyone I get to work on has the black dino oil.....

lol, shame on those people, as most don't understand the importance of oil.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I just registered at Mobil, and I'll be at Walmart today .... :)

As per the rebate form, even if you get the regular Full Synthetic, its 10.00 rebate .. the 15.00 is on the extended Full Synthetic, which is a great deal, as Walmart is 24.37 for the 5qt. extended.

You can see a full list of the participating dealers, as well as the terms here..... BTW, Amazon purchases are not eligible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the "Heads Up". I purchased one 5 qt Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage oil for use in the coming years for my two mowers and one snowblower. Less than $10 when I get the $15 rebate. I currently use the "Power Care 48 oz. Full Synthetic 4-Cycle SAE 5W-30 Lawn Mower Oil" sold at Home Depot.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i use the walmart brand full synthetic 5-30 for $15/5 qt jug. for $5 less i'll skip the rebate step. the store brand is highly rated.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Just filled out my rebate on-line for (2) - 5 qt. of the Full Synthetic Extended Performance 5W30 ... 30.00 rebate ...

:) .... love a good sale ... I'll be all set for awhile.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just filled out my rebate on-line for (2) - 5 qt. of the Full Synthetic Extended Performance 5W30 ... 30.00 rebate ...

:) .... love a good sale ... I'll be all set for awhile.
My jugs are being delivered Tuesday. Also completed the rebate form. Sent it to my snowblowing neighbors. Hard to beat a a good sale.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
just went online to Walmart and they wont ship the extended performance to me.
I just checked and Walmart stopped offering free delivery and only offers pickup.

There is a huge demand for this product.
The rebate is good for several months or wait for your 2nd vaccine shot. That is why I did delivery.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Plenty in stock at my Walmart ... but probably will go quick .... very good deal.
Probably will not sell out since most people don’t like doing online rebates.

Even my CPA brother who does my taxes can’t be bothered with rebates. When I tell him it is called hypocrisy he gets mad at me as a personal attack. Go figure. Human nature and only gets worst as u get older.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Probably will not sell out since most people don’t like doing online rebates.

Even my CPA brother who does my taxes can’t be bothered with rebates. When I tell him it is called hypocrisy he gets mad at me as a personal attack. Go figure. Human nature and only gets worst as u get older.
I would not mix family and finances.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Mobil 1 5W-30 arrived with the latest GF6A and the AP SP rating. Inner cap foil seals are untampered.
Good enough for the wife’s ES350 and an obnoxious over-kill for the snowblower.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I hate dealing with rebates. Been screwed before. Make one little mistake and they don't honor it. You have to wonder how many rebate claims they refuse.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts