Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Always worked out for me. They give u 2nd and 3rd tries.
Not all rebate programs give you another try. They certainly aren't going to contact you, if you make an error. It can be very difficult to make contact and find out what's going on with your rebate. They do that on purpose.

Maybe things have changed for the better recently, but I got screwed out of a $50 rebate back in 2012. I never would have made the purchase otherwise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
SHAME ON MOBIL OIL!!!
I get ready to buy 2 jugs at Wally World and BEFORE I DO.... READ THE FINE PRINT!!!! THERE IS A HAMMER AND I FOUND IT!!!!
Limited to purchases made at participating retailers. Not valid on purchases made at non-participating retailers. Excludes online purchases made at Amazon.com. Rebate not valid on oil change services.
GUESS WHAT WALLY WORLD IS NOT A PARTICIPATING RETAILER??? If I buy it from Azone at $13 more all the rebate get's me $2 a jug for the paperwork and REALY PI$$ED OFF!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,821 Posts
I saw that rebate and need to do a LOF on the motor coach this spring so I grabbed a 5 gal pail of Delvac 1 ESP at Fleet Farm and did the rebate online.
They had the rebate sheets at the store so I'm taking it for granted they are a participating retailer.
Should get me down to about $11.00 a gallon for full synthetic. Put a smile on my face. That Cat takes 19 quarts with the filter so it leaves me with a quart to transfer to a bottle to carry as a spare.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am glad it worked for you! That is how it should work!
IT SHOULD NOT BE THE GOTCHA YOU BOUGHT FROM THE WRONG PLACE!
AFTER YOU FILL OUT 17 MILES OF PAPERWORK AND THEN GET TURNED DOWN??????????

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am not here to start a vitriolic fight over a Mobil 1 synthetic oil rebate. This ‘ain’t’ politics. It just two $15 rebate. I sent in my electronic Walmart email receipt. I believe I choose retailer as other and then Walmart. I also selected two jugs.

No magic and I included for the audience the ‘hocus pocus’ proof. It works and and much more easier than the paper version.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank You Patrick and I had to google vitriolic fight.... Maybe it will work, You don't risk much if it is denied!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I also bought mine at Walmart, filled the rebate out on-line, selected Walmart as my place of purchase, and sent a PDF copy electronically of my receipt.

I also received my approval email like Patrick.

Life is good .... :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Rebates are only a great marketing tool only

If everyone took advantage of the rebate it wouldn’t be offered so I thank all those that don’t do rebates so I can

I do Mobil 1 rebate every spring and never had issues
Yes they will not honor if rules aren’t followed but not real hard

Got a Coleman 12 cooler last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Thank You Patrick and I had to google vitriolic fight.... Maybe it will work, You don't risk much if it is denied!
Life is too too short. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion and need to share their personal experience(s).
Remember we all here to learn from each other and maybe in some meaningful utopian social construct - "take care of each other".

21 - 31 of 31 Posts