Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a transmission or some parts for a moto mower trans? From what I can tell it is from 1969. Machine runs beautiful but there are two stripped gears in the trans. Thanks to anyone that can help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure what you are asking, not familiar with snow blowers, I am just a motor head who fell into this and would love to use it. How can I answer your question?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
sidewinder was asking who manufactured the transmission. Peerless is one of several transmission manufacturers.

You may find a name on the transmission or a part number you can cross reference to find the manufacturer. Then go to the manufacturer's website for the part. Also it is a good possibility the same Peerless transmission is used in other snowblowers still being used or those manufacturers are still in business. In that case you can go to that manufacturer for the part.

Look real hard for the number. You may have to remove the transmission to find the number.

Last resort, some machine shops can make you the part though it may not be worth it.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
sidewinder was asking who manufactured the transmission. Peerless is one of several transmission manufacturers.

You may find a name on the transmission or a part number you can cross reference to find the manufacturer. Then go to the manufacturer's website for the part. Also it is a good possibility the same Peerless transmission is used in other snowblowers still being used or those manufacturers are still in business. In that case you can go to that manufacturer for the part.

Look real hard for the number. You may have to remove the transmission to find the number.

Last resort, some machine shops can make you the part though it may not be worth it.
===========================================================

I have a 1964 Snow Shark. The transmission has Forward, Reverse and a High/Low selector. It is made by FOOTE. If indeed, your machine is a 1969, it may well be a Snow Shark II . Chances are, that the transmission did not change.
There was a member on here from Long Island, the said he had a couple of transmissions in his garage. They were left over from when he messed with Snow Shark Machines. I don`t recall who the member was though. --- John
This is my Snow Shark ----

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
===========================================================

I have a 1964 Snow Shark. The transmission has Forward, Reverse and a High/Low selector. It is made by FOOTE. If indeed, your machine is a 1969, it may well be a Snow Shark II . Chances are, that the transmission did not change.
There was a member on here from Long Island, the said he had a couple of transmissions in his garage. They were left over from when he messed with Snow Shark Machines. I don`t recall who the member was though. --- John
This is my Snow Shark ----

I think you are correct, now if I could find one! Thanks]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I have learned, it is a Foote. Someone said there was a member who had a few but couldn't remember who he was. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts