Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i had one question recently after i had finished snow blowing.... the motor shaft that powers both augers had some surface rust on it (after a few days of it drying). i was able to mostly wipe it off but its still kind of there. i dident know if you could wipe some grease on there our just wait till winter is over and grease it in the summer? also the bottom scrape plates that the snowblower is riding on our rusting to but that is mainly do to the fact that the paint is been chipped off.
thanks

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
:) Not to worry, this is completely normal. Nature of the beast, winter snow blowing and metal parts. Spray it with WD40 or something might not make it look so bad, but honestly it does not have a real impact on the machine. The skids are meant to were out, just keep an eye on there adjustment, they protect the wear plate on the bucket. To set the height, put a couple nickels, ruler or something under the bucket edge to keep it just off the pavement, then lower the skids to the pavement.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
This came up a while back on another place. Snowmann, an Ariens engineer, said not to worry about it and it is normal. He said it is not painted from the factory because the paint will just wear off. Some people have said they have painted theirs and the paint holds just fine. It is also a possibility that paint would interfere with the assembly process at the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts