Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is a repeat question. I did try searching the forum, but I didn't come up with anything. I recently purchased a used MTD 29" snow blower with a 10.5hp Tecumseh engine. It hasn't snowed since I bought it (of course). I'm trying to figure out what shear bolts to buy, so that I have some extra ones on hand just in case. I've searched everywhere and can't figure out what I need (I'm likely missing something obvious). The bolts that are currently in it appear to be nearly 3" long. I haven't seen anything like that in stores. The model number on the back of the unit is 31AE6B0H522. I've noticed a few other people on the internet having trouble locating info about this model. I've looked all over the engine and can't locate any model information. There are some Tecumseh decals on it, but no details.

The joys of buying used stuff...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I have a near exact model. Slightly darker color. I can have a look shortly.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
the pkg i have says for snowblowers 2004 and prior with 1 " auger shaft. OEM-710-0891

overall bolt length 1 7/8 ", dia 5/16

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
:welcome: to the forum TSB

Are you sure that model number is correct ?? 31AE6B0H522

Can you give the dimensions of the bolts you have and the shaft's diameter ??
You might need to call MTD.

But since you're new let's see it :icon-wwp:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, that's what I thought. I knew the ones I picked up didn't look right. I'll return them and grab the other ones. (Seems there are only 2 options for MTD at Home Depot and Canadian Tire).

Thanks for the help nwcove.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts