Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MTD/White 13hp/33"cut, that I believe is a model 31AE993I401. It's old and starting to show it's age. I'm having drive issues with it. It has the trigger steering system with the a chain drive for each wheel. The left side chain has been off for a couple of years. I tried a couple of times to put it back on, but it'd.just fall right back off, so I just don't bother with it any more. Now the right side has come off a couple times lately. Several years ago I replaced the bushing assembly sleeve which each side axle slides into. It looks like this needs to be replaced again. I ordered a new one and received it. I also ordered new flange bearings for the axles because the tires are a little 'knock kneed' when viewed from the back. I think that is causing the chain issue. My question is how hard is it to change out the flange bearings? Are the pressed in? I'm wondering about just replacing the bushing assembly sleeve now to get me thru what is left of winter, which HOPEFULLY isn't much more. Then doing the flange bearings in spring. Anyone with experience on this repair?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts