Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son gave this to me to fix. model no 31as63ef700, carb no 95114026a. starts fine but after choke opening it surges and gets worse with full open throttle. pulled carb bowl off and removed jet and emultion tube and cleaned, pulled float with needle both clean a few times no results. good gas flow to carb put a little carb cleaner in tank and run no change. short of buying new carb on e-bay are there any other ways to clean this carb out as it is sealed? rich

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Does it have a Welch plug? Needs to be removed and cleaned behind it.

Buy Berryman's Carb Cleaner dunk tank, buy a spray carb cleaner, buy a set of welder's torch tip cleaners.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Does it have a Welch plug? Needs to be removed and cleaned behind it.

Buy Berryman's Carb Cleaner dunk tank $7-$30, buy a spray carb cleaner $2, buy a set of welder's torch tip cleaners $2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
used a drill bit to clean out the main jet, also the same with the emulsion tube. sprayed carb cleaner in the passage and blew out with air.welch plug,? what and where. carb is sealed everywhere else. bolt that holds the carb bowl on has no holes. rich

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Like said above, soak in some good carb solvent or get yourself a ultrasonic cleaner And use some simple green in it for solvent.. Are you removing the low speed jet under the idle screw? You need to count the turns of the idle screw in, then remove and you can pry the jet out and clean it and clean in the opening. I have one of a similar machine and I drilled the main jet out to .030, it was originally .028. They run too lean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10.00 getsyou a 10.00 carb unless im wrong. thinking of boiling it out. can only remove jet, emulsion tube, needle and float, everything else is sealed. rich

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
If you can clean it successfully, awesome!

But if not, some of the aftermarket carbs have adjustable jets. Which is a nice feature that the original carb may not provide. So that could be an upgrade in some ways.

·
Registered
871 Posts
thers many holes that need to be cleaned thoroughly for carb to run correctly, yours is running lean if it dies when choke is off. heres a good site on what needs to cleaned in a tech carb

Snowthrower carb cleaning

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
10.00 getsyou a 10.00 carb unless im wrong. thinking of boiling it out. can only remove jet, emulsion tube, needle and float, everything else is sealed. rich
10 dollars gets you a brand new carb that works as well or better then the original....the Chinese have come a long way in this century....I buy at least 10 a year, and all have worked flawlessly....I only clean now if I have no new carbs in stock....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts