Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a Murray snow blower and the Friction disk is pitted. There is plenty of rubber thickness remaining. It just has pits in the rubber around the entire circumference.

My gut feeling is that it is fine. it seems solid. I have seen disks with chunks removed from it. That is not this, but I wonder if it may be close to that happening this season. This machine is probably close to 20 yrs old and I would guess it is the original.

Also I tried to look up a replacement part. I have the P/N from the manual. It is 313883. The OD is about 4 3/8. ID is about 2 1/4. I say about as I eye balled these dimensions with a tape measure at an angle with it still in the machine.

I can not find this part at the usual sources. Does anyone have an idea of an aftermarket substitute or alternative Briggs and Stratton P/N?

I found this which has that P/N listed as a NOMA P/N and not a Murray P/N. Is this a good substitute?

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/part/universal/240068?gclid=eaiaiqobchmixjp8qlfo5qivx5-zch1tjquoeaqyaiabegjwtfd_bwe

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Many others out there, this is just one ….. I would order one, have it on hand, but run the other as long as it is working? Your choice.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Noma and Murray are the same, so is Dynamark.

What a greasy mess to replace.

Too much stuff to take off.

Look out for the thin washers in the fork of the plate, above below.

Reactions: Toro-8-2-4

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noma and Murray are the same, so is Dynamark.

What a greasy mess to replace.

Too much stuff to take off.

Look out for the thin washers in the fork of the plate, above below.

It does not look too bad to replace:wink2: but I dont know what I dont know. As long as all of the bolts come out ok I think it should go fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts